The Great Pumpkin, A 22,000 Mile Survivor FK3 1970 Fury III 4-Door Hardtop

I removed them from both my Superbird and my Sport Fury to protect and preserve them. Just like us, these cars aren't getting any younger and leaving the build sheets in the car allows them to turn to dust just that much faster. I placed both of mine in plastic sleeves to protect them and made I copies to keep with the car. The original build sheets remain protected inside the house so they can last much, much longer than if they were left in the seat cushions.

No different than the GM crowd pulling build sheets from inside door panels, dropping gas tanks, etc to save them.
I was lucky to find 3 broadcast sheets in my Newport. I saved one and put it in a plastic sleeve to show off.
A second sheet I did put back for the next guy to discover..lol!
The 69 Fury I preserved the tender sheet I found in the back seat. The 2nd one under the carpet was destroyed by mouse pee.

I removed them from both my Superbird and my Sport Fury to protect and preserve them. Just like us, these cars aren't getting any younger and leaving the build sheets in the car allows them to turn to dust just that much faster. I placed both of mine in plastic sleeves to protect them and made I copies to keep with the car. The original build sheets remain protected inside the house so they can last much, much longer than if they were left in the seat cushions.

After 50 years most pampered cars still have solid sound build sheets. They'll be fine in there another 100 years.

If your car is in a low humidity indoor storage, that build sheet should be fine. Most people "pull" them to look at, and preserve, but it may or may not be necessary.

Added a fire extinguisher and a color coordinated set of jumper cables to the car today.....
20210707_183408.jpg

Perfect for the "pumpkin", color coordinated......
20210707_183342.jpg
20210707_183359.jpg

Look pretty good in the car......
20210707_183623.jpg

I just want to give a big shout out and a big thank you to Jeff or @bigmoparjeff on the forum here, him and I just got done talking for awhile and exchanging some raylle rims. We evenly exchanged my stepdad's 15x7 rallye wheels for his 15x6 rallye wheels for the ol Pumpkin here, to get rid of the front black powder coated rims. Our 15x7s we exchanged for Jeff's 15x6s are actually both built in 1979 and one week apart from each other. Thank you again Jeff it is much and greatly appreciated! I will post updates and pictures when they get ready and go on the car......
20210709_092250.jpg
20210709_092239.jpg
20210709_092230.jpg

Glad to see you doing these wheels instead of the original wheelcovers, which are one of the most unimaginative and boring designs IMO. The non-blackout ones of '72-73 are better.

The more of this car that I see, the more I like it. :thumbsup:

Also I love the dual-stripe spare tire. My next set of tires on my Chrysler will be multiple stripe white walls.

Back at it on the ol Pumpkin post Carlisle, July 24th we got the new front rims from Jeff ready to get sanded then painted and ready to go onto the tires in the garage......
rims 1.jpeg
rims 2.jpeg
rims 3.jpeg
rims 4.jpeg
rims 5.jpg

July 29th we got the rims all stripped down to bare metal and got the access paint off so they can be primed and repainted.......
rims 6.jpeg
rims 7.jpeg
rims 8.jpeg
rims 9.jpeg

All primered and ready for paint........
rims 10.jpeg
rims 11.jpeg
rims 12.jpeg

July 31st, rims are all painted. Now they are ready to get put on the tires......
rims 13.jpeg
rims 14.jpeg

August 3rd, the new rims are all set and on the tires along with the beauty rings and center domes. Now to put them onto the car, but that will have to wait until next time. Stay tuned......
rims 15.jpeg

I'm back with another rim update on the Pumpkin, the new front rims are on the car! I took these pictures August 9th, these first 2 pictures were before the rims and tires were washed......
New rims 1.jpeg
New rims 2.jpeg

Now they are washed and look much better......
New rims 3.jpeg

Here are the old black powder coated rims and tires fully off the car, which will soon most likely be for sale once they are cleaned a bit.....
old rims.jpeg

This is all the updates I got for now, the next thing I will post about will be the shock change. Stay tuned for more on that hopefully soon.......

Anybody know how many of these cars in this color are still around, I only know of this one.....

I have one. PH29L0D also with the burnt orange interior.
A friend of mine who is also in BC has a stripped out 4 door parts car that is also FK3. Would have to take a good look at it to see if an interior colour could be determined.

A little update on the pumpkin for everyone-

1) we changed out the original timing chain, which was yellow plastic and still had the Chrysler Pentastar on it

2) We got a new stock looking 2bbl carburetor off Ebay for the car

3) We got the original radiator recored and converted to a 3 row instead of 2

4) and we are currently in the process of repainting the engine back to the stock blue

Unfortunately I have no pictures at this time, I will hopefully post some if my phone and/or computer will let me when I can.

This is all for now, more to come hopefully soon

You'll be glad you kept the original radiator - recoring is always a good idea...…….surprised to hear of a plastic timing chain in 1970 - ZOINKS! Great update - good luck.

I'm back with an update on the "Pumpkin".....

The old black powder coated rims are now for sale! The rims are 15x6 in size and the tires are Firestone Destinations and are black lettered on one side and white lettered on the other. Asking price is $550.00, located in Berlin CT.

I will be posting a for sale ad/thread for them shortly.

More updates on the car coming soon......

I'm back with an update on the car......

Just letting everyone know that the black powder coated rims and tires are now sold, thank you to anyone who was interested. :):thumbsup:

More coming soon.....

Back