The hardest thing I've ever had to say. RIP Bob Urban

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Bob Urban passed away, Tuesday, on his birthday after undergoing emergency surgery.
Many of you did not know the seriousness of his physical condition. The last few years were pure physical hell and he never complained.
This last year he literally spent all his time in the hospital clinging to life and he never complained.
We communicated daily and he was always optimistic.
Monday night, Bob called me to say goodbye. He knew he wasn't going to make it.
His last words to me were, Let my family on FCBO know what happened.

Bob, when you hook up with Jer, tell him I said Hi.

That's a shame. I knew his health was getting worse and he didn't look good the last time I saw him (last year) at Carlisle.

For those that don't know, he is 1978 NYB and actually has the most posts of anyone here.

@Joeychgo / @Toolmanmike Can you make this a sticky and change his profile like other members that have passed.

aw man ... :(

never met Bob personally but only interacted through the forum. He was a good man -- I am sure of it.

All the best to Bob's family and dearest friends as they go through the difficult days just ahead without him.

RIP Bob. He was truly one of the good ones. Always positive in spite of many physical challenges. Also a true American hero. We will miss you Bob.

wow, just wow. Thank you Stan.

In 2021 I made a point to just sit and talk to as many members as time would allow. The cars always seemed to be there year after year. As it turned out I got to see Jer and Bob for what would be for me the last time.

RIP Bob and Godspeed. I’m sure they are greeting you with open arms at the gates of Heaven.

4CD50CDF-65FF-4347-9506-2A7E4DCC9B6B.jpeg

So sorry to hear of Bob's passing. He added so much to our c-body community. Prayers to his family and friends. RIP Bob.

You're sure going to be missed around here.
RIP Bob.

So sorry to hear, R. I. P. My friend.
1661510107423.jpeg

Bob Urban passed away, Tuesday, on his birthday after undergoing emergency surgery.
Many of you did not know the seriousness of his physical condition. The last few years were pure physical hell and he never complained.
This last year he literally spent all his time in the hospital clinging to life and he never complained.

This is such sad news. I'm gonna miss Bob and his frequent updates regarding the world of Mopar drag racing and his HellCat. He lived his life to the fullest - especially during the last few years. Bob's accomplishments with his cars and his contributions to all of us here at FCBO are enormous. His passing leaves a such a large void. Rest in peace, Bob. Some day we'll see you again on the other side.

Stan, since Bob called you directly, your relationship with him was more than we knew. If you happen to have any funeral or wake arrangement information, please share so I or others that choose can send flowers or something. Thank you

For Bob
Rest easy soldier, your duty is done

Sleep well young soldier, your job is done
your war is over and your battle won
No armour now to way you down
Cast it off into the sandy ground
Lay down your weapon for you need it not
No more bullets need be shot
Take off your helmet, look to the sky
For my friend it is your turn to die
Have courage now, go rest in peace
For the fighting here will never cease
You fought bravely and with honour died
You leave your family so full of pride
Sleep well young soldier, your job is done
your war is over and your battle won.
army-salute.png

Last edited:
Awwww. Crap.

He was always welcoming and gracious to new folks like me. I met him at Carlisle. Nice guy.

Ok I’m just in shock here. I spoke with Bob every week over text and I knew he was struggling but I had no idea that my discussion with him a week ago would be our last. We were debating the new Electric Charger unveiling. RIP my friend and enjoy a St Paulie with Jer. Change of station to Heaven acknowledged :’(

Back