The "Japanese Batmobile"

King Hooter

Reaction score
Look whats left of a 1957 Imperial 4dr hardtop. Some people have too much time and money on their hands.

This sci-fi superfan recreated the “Japanese Batmobile” not once, but twice

bat 1.jpg

bat 1.1.jpg

bat 1.1.1.jpg

The front end of that car looks like it makes more wind noise at speed than the ladder rack on my van!

Hey c'mon!, I was a kid...:D

I watched that crap too when I was a kid but just wouldn't admit it... Oh wait I just did :rofl::rofl:

That and that dopey one with the puppets... X-19 or something like that.:rofl:

Problem was... there was nothing else on! Only three networks here in the US when I was a kid. Maybe a couple local UHF channels. Thank God, at least I got to watch reruns of Star Trek, Hogan's Heroes etc. Oh and Monty Python on the PBS channel:thumbsup:

We're not much better...how many Black Beauty clones have been done?

A travesty....every one.

I don't know anything about Ultraman. I do know that I have to hit the bottle of Tums, it's been a tough week on Imperials. 1st the thread about the straight, rust free '68 Imperial Crown 4dr hardtop that a moron was stripping so he could derby it. Now this abomination of a '57 Imperial. All stomach churning.

I loved "Lost in Space" which progressed to "Star Trek". In between there was "The Invaders" (on Me-T.V. Saturday nights) "Land of the Giants" and "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Remember the PBS story a few years back "Pioneers of Television" and they said the same alien creature would be in Lost in Space and then in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. I never noticed that. The basic comedy of the "Beverly Hillbillies" for me was must preferred over "Gilligan's Island". Then in the 1970 came some good cop shows like "The Rookies", "Adam-12" and "Police Story". The 1960's to 1970's was O.K. for me as I look back. We ran behind the truck spraying the DDT fog for Mosquitoes, didn't wear bicycle helmets and shot BB guns in the city. We got bumped around, sometimes broken bones and maybe a fist fight here and there. If your family was like mine and had same sex siblings, you were competitive, didn't give hugs to them frequently. Right or wrong our parents did the best they could in a real drastic changing time of our World. 1960's to 1970's. We were trying to end a war and sent people to the moon plus give people of different sexes and races rights to live. Thanks Mom and Dad and I hope to look back and try to do half of what your generation did.

A later version of UltraMan would have probably had a K-Imperial with ULTRADRIVE!

Back when sex was naughty, the air was cleaner, and seat belts were an option, we had the three major networks in DFW, plus a strong independent. PBS came later. The independent carried Saturday Night Wrestling (some of my grandmother's friends had season tickets on the front row!). After midnight, there usually were some B-grade gangster movies (usually near Las Vegas, NV) or '60s European-produced gladiator movies. The car chases had the engine and tire sounds dubbed-in, as the black GM sedans (usually mid-50s Oldsmobiles and Cadilliacs) slid around the "country roads" in the desert. As shots were exchanged. Not really worth staying up for, but once you started watching, hard to stop. They all had black sunglasses on, too.

"The Beverly Hillbillies", et al, was humor we could associate with and enjoy. "Adam 12" and "Emergency" had Mopar vehicles (a plus), but the Jack Webb series was good too. I started liking the "cop shows" with "77 Sunset Strip" (I have the related album, too). All of which evolved out with "The FBI" with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. Can't forget all of the beach movies!

All of the LA-area California Car Culture was chronicled in the old green-shade print "Hot Rod" magazines, with the companion "Motor Trend". As the Petersen Publishing Company was the premier automotive publican supplier, back then. "Hot Rod" with their annual hot rod engine/vehicle "Annuals" each year, starting in 1961, with the "Motor Trend" Engine Annuals starting in 1965. Specs and information everywhere!

The 1950s and 1960s were a GREAT time to be growing up and liking/paying attention to CARS! By about 1965, most vehicular systems (engines, transmissions, a/c systems, p/s and p/b systems had reached a very nice plateau, which would last for several decades until emimssions and fuel economy issues would force better technology (at higher costs), as well as improved safety equipment. Factory stereo systems kept improving well into the 1980s, though.

Great cars, great times, great memories!
CBODY67

Back