The latest stray...

furyus 67

Reaction score
Well this showed up at my door step. The price was too cheap to pass up. 71 voyager. 6/727 runs and drives. I'm going to do things to it you guys don't want hear about lol. Basically a dirt cheap tire frying station wagon. The guy I got it from kinda butchered the dash and took all the emblems,grill and cowl. Just so happen I know where to get most of the stuff! I'm thinking v8, folding lawn chairs with weaved nylon strapping bolted down in the back and brush painting "safe space" on the sides. The snowflakes will love it!
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG

Nice score. Keep us in the loop as you realise your vision.
Thanks Fred , I will. The thing is structurally solid. Bottom of side doors, pass side rocker and both rear wheel wells have rot. Frame and floorboards are solid. I figure for the 13 dollars I have invested in it I can afford some silly stuff! Just want to do cheap and fun!

I hope you didn't pay with a $20 and force the guy to make change when you were stealing it at such a low price!
Of course not! I did that at a yard sale for some 6 ton jack stands . No I took 2 old car batteries and 2 lawn mower batteries, traded them in at a local battery shop and had a balance of 13 dollars to get a refurbed battery. I didn't pay anything for the van. It is was a friend of a friend deal and he just wanted it outta his driveway. Right place right time I guess! The main reason I took it was for the slant 6 in it. I can swap the motor or the distributor into that 82 dodge truck if I need to.
IMG_0895.JPG

I just got back from my buddies personal junkyard looking at a couple of 70s dodge motor homes with the van front. I told him I needed all of the speedo cluster assembly,hvac controls system,cowl,wiper assembly, and a 72 grill. I asked him how much his response was 20 dollars , I couldn't get the money out fast enough. Sometimes living in the birthplace GM does pay off .

I suspect you could find some people that will swear the only "Plymouth Voyager" is a FWD minivan. But then I suppose one day younger folks will think of names like Mercury, Plymouth and Pontiac the way we think of Hudson, Packard and Studebaker.

Well here's my 20 dollar grab bag!:) still can't believe it!
IMG_1583.JPG

1 perfect dash pad
1 hvac/ radio unit
1 71 dodge grill
2 headlight bezels
1 cowl and most of the wiper assembly!

Last edited:
Just keep buying the bottled water, that's all. :)
Technically we live in Genesse township , although I did grow up there it was pre water crisis. When my tap turns I get beautiful,tasty well water. I suppose there was probly some lead in the water when I was younger, I could blame that on personality disorders!!lol

Back