The Mint Boat

res1vw21

Reaction score
I didn't realize it was an "Early C Body" but what the hey I love her!

A few pics of when I first got her to what she looks like today.

When I got her from the perverbal little old lady (she was early 90's and gave me the car because she knew I would appreciate it) I drove her as is for a year.

I then pulled the 383 out and had the block checked and the heads gone through and put her back together with all new bearings and rings, the 383 was in such good condition I was able to reuse the original pistons. Now she sports all MSD ignition with an eddy performer intake and cam and a Holley 650dp carb. Despite the fact she runs great with the DP I do realize it isn't the proper carb so I am thinking about a switching to a 780 vac secondary Holley.

Anyway after getting the engine all tuned in I replaced the carpet and fixed the few electrical problems that she came with because the previous owner thought he could do better. lol it only took me getting stranded after the entire dash and engine harness burned up to realize the scope of his "fixes"!

Next I installed the custom painted cop car wheels and wow what a difference on handling the 15's made!!! I can't wait until I can afford to rebuilt the entire suspension.

Future plans include fixing the little bit of rust around the rear window, getting the bumpers rechromed (they are great driver quality but aren't perfect), most likely painting the entire car because she has a few dings throughout the entire body from parking lots ect... No rust but after fixing all the dents (and previous collision repair, nothing bad but the shop that fixed it could have done better IMO since I am a body man) it would just make sense to paint the entire car.

Also I want to install a new headliner, paint the top a light silver color, install '71 rally wheel center caps on the cop wheels, fix the all the seat covers with nos material and converting to disks and 440 T bars. (all of which I have)

Well I guess thats about it for now...

-Ross-

DCP_3754.jpg

DCP_3843.jpg

062307 004.jpg

Last edited:
she is in near mint condition although i doubt it could float! well except maybe down the interstate that is! i like the styling of the early c's alot...

Thanks everyone! Yha if I had to sell all my cars and only keep one this would defiantly be the one to keep, its just so dang comfy floating down the freeway!

Here are some pics that I have taken over the years in no particular order. I found 3 beautiful build sheets too!

DCP_3815.jpg

DCP_3861.jpg

DCP_3840.jpg

DCP_3853.jpg

DCP_3962.jpg

I am the 3rd owner the people I got her from bought her from there friends in '71 I believe. It was a special order car too. There ain't much like floating down the road in a C body!

062307 003.jpg

100_0198.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_0177.jpg

Well done from another Canuk! Beauty as Don Cherry would say. Nice to see it avoid the derby circuit and be appreciated. Where in Canada are you?

Well done from another Canuk! Beauty as Don Cherry would say. Nice to see it avoid the derby circuit and be appreciated. Where in Canada are you?

Thanks, actually I am from Seattle, I'm not entirely sure why it shows the Canadian flag as I didn't select any flag lol. Not that I wouldn't mind being Canadian though eh, as every Canadian I have ever met has been a awesome person!

Yha when I was first told about the car by Dewy and his wife I was assuming it was just a 383 that needed to be pulled and a derby that needed to be run, but then I saw how rust free and cool the car was and fell in love! I remember my pop telling me if I didn't get the car then I was no longer welcome in his house LOL! (it was free after all)

Last edited:
Nice Car. Is there an identifying number in the Vin or somewhere else that indicates the gear ratio, 2.76? I have a 67 300 w/ 440, broke down the number but couldn't determine the gears. thanks

Its a 2.76 ratio according to the tag on the differential, I am planning on going to a 2.91 or 3.23 though because I think it may improve gas mileage a little bit.

I know what you mean. I have a 69 Monaco convertible & ther is nothing like driving the hi-ways at the speed limit of course with the top down. I havewanted a 69 Dart GT for years but I still wouldn't part with my Monaco.

I know what you mean. I have a 69 Monaco convertible & ther is nothing like driving the hi-ways at the speed limit of course with the top down. I havewanted a 69 Dart GT for years but I still wouldn't part with my Monaco.

That's why I have a B and C in the garage. Still haven't found the right A to fit my budget and taste. Then I guess I'd have to work on finding an E?

Back