The re-chrome wish list.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
The trim is finally off the 300. I laid all the trim that I would like to get re-chromed. Most are pot metal pieces except the rear bumper. Overall the bumper is in pretty good shape, one small dent, a scrape and a couple of small rust spots. The worst of the pot metal is the rear back-up light assembly.

I worked on doing some polishing too. The performance indicator cleaned up perfectly. The front bumper is in really good shape. It is pitted but not on the list of chroming at this time.

The rechrome wish list.sm.jpgPolishing.sm.jpg

Polishing.sm.jpg

The rechrome wish list.sm.jpg

There's a cupola guys in here that don't waste time. Where the hell did all my enthusiasm go?

(Sent using Forum Runner)

How did you polish your pieces?

Nick

I use Maas polish. I have used a several over the years and personally like it the best. The bumper section had a light corrosion and I took a ball of aluminum foil soaked in soapy water and rubbed it to clean it initially. The aluminum won’t scratch the chrome. Here is a before photo.
Front before sm.jpg

Front before sm.jpg

There's a cupola guys in here that don't waste time. Where the hell did all my enthusiasm go?

(Sent using Forum Runner)

I find it is an advantage of living up north, where it is cold and the roads salty. I am very motivated to work my my car. Once April hits, however it is another story. I want to be driving my car then. I'll detail and polish after April, but I want the car together and ready to roll.

No greater motivator then 3 feet of snow and 2 inches of salt covering the roads

No greater motivator then 3 feet of snow and 2 inches of salt covering the roads

I think it makes you enjoy your car more too, because you can't want to get it out in the spring.

And some extra time!

Once April hits, however it is another story. I want to be driving my car then. I'll detail and polish after April, but I want the car together and ready to roll.[/QUOTE]
Where i'm at most everyday is nice enough to drive, which makes it tough to tear into a project. I had my 300 apart and was working on it all through last spring, summer and into the fall. I was motivated to drive it to Daytona beach over thanksgiving. I even went ahead and regestered the car in July while it was all apart and spread out all over the country.

Having my 65 Coronet 500 convertible to drive and enjoy took the pain out it though.

I know what you mean, life became much better for me when I started buying drivers instead of projects. I am dying to sink my teeth into a good project though and perform some of the serious maintenance that the Imp needs and put my RR back together...

What helps if you have a decent place to work on your car out of the elements.
That makes all the difference. I can walk into the shop and it is usually around 45 in the winter and within about 5 minutes my furnace has made it comfortable. The only thing that would make it better is if was out my back door. It is about 15 minutes away.

I know what you mean, life became much better for me when I started buying drivers instead of projects. I am dying to sink my teeth into a good project though and perform some of the serious maintenance that the Imp needs and put my RR back together...

Matt, is the RR back from paint yet?

No thankfully, I have nowhere to put it! I'll call for a progress report this week sometime.

Back