The restoration of GC Spencer's Chargeri

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I have been chatting online with Chris Depontes. He purchased GC Spencer's NASCAR Dodge Magnum. I looked at this car way back in the early 90's. The guy who owned it then wanted more than I was willing to pay. The car has been reskined at least once over the years. Chris is going to update me as he progress & I'll add it here. Chris is also a C body owner so I have encouraged him to join up. He is restoring it to it's Charger heritage. Here is a pic of the car as it is now & one of it when it raced

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Restoration

I'm glad Chris bought it. When I looked at it it was rough & deteriorating rapidly. Chris got it in the late 90's & says the Magnum body was toast.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It had a 78 Magnum body on it when I looked at it in the early 90's & when Chris bought it in the late 90's

The Magnum

Pics of the car when Chris bought it from the 2nd owner in NC. It was wearing it's Magnum body

image.jpg

Whats the latest on the restoration? I talked to the gentleman today that did the bodywork and painted the magnum back in the 70’s. He has told me several stories about working with G.C. On these cars.

Whats the latest on the restoration? I talked to the gentleman today that did the bodywork and painted the magnum back in the 70’s. He has told me several stories about working with G.C. On these cars.
It’s slow progress. I’ll ask the him for an update.

Working with Chris currently to revisit this project. He’s sent some more pics & I have a phone call scheduled with him this afternoon to discuss the car & information

Back