The Shoes Make The Man...

TroyCo

Reaction score
Just finished installing new tires & wheels. Found the perfect look (to me) that I was looking for. I'll let you all be the judge.

BEFORE:

20210420_172742.jpg

AFTER:

20210420_180743.jpg
20210420_180752.jpg

I went with 235/60/15s on 15x7 wheels up front and 275/60/15s on 15x8 wheels out back. They give the car a slight rake, which I like. Cooper Cobras are the tires I chose for this combo. Hubcaps are on order.

With everything black, hard to see what's there.

Respectfully,
CBODY67

Just finished installing new tires & wheels. Found the perfect look (to me) that I was looking for. I'll let you all be the judge.

BEFORE:

View attachment 454641

AFTER:

View attachment 454642View attachment 454643

I went with 235/60/15s on 15x7 wheels up front and 275/60/15s on 15x8 wheels out back. They give the car a slight rake, which I like. Cooper Cobras are the tires I chose for this combo. Hubcaps are on order.

Glad you upped the size . The front is a little thin for my liking but I like your style.

Glad you upped the size . The front is a little thin for my liking but I like your style.
For this car, I want to avoid the urge to go as wide as I normally would. I'm trying to go with a sleeper vibe. It definitely looks different, hopefully at first glance most will not notice.

For this car, I want to avoid the urge to go as wide as I normally would. I'm trying to go with a sleeper vibe. It definitely looks different, hopefully at first glance most will not notice.

To be clear the tire width is great, it's the low sidewall that gnaws at me.

To be clear the tire width is great, it's the low sidewall that gnaws at me.
I can respect that. I chose this sidewall because it closely matched the ride height up front the old wheels gave it, which is the only thing I liked about them. I am glad that I took your advice on the width though. Thanks again.

I like the look - both width and height. Are these custom Mopar style wheels - as in did you specify the offset, etc? From the photo it looks like the rears have a negative offset; they fill up the wheel well opening nicely. But they might be zero offset, hard to tell....

Great start!.
Think that a set of trim rings & dog dishes would set it apart from the others but it’s your ride to do with as you please
As long as you are happy it’s good

Looks fine to me. How is your speedometer for accuracy?
I haven't driven it since the swap. But before the swap, this ol' bucket of bolts could do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Now either this is a testament to Chrysler's engineering or I really need a new speedo gear. Option 3 is Sox & Martin used to tune on this thing.
I like the look - both width and height. Are these custom Mopar style wheels - as in did you specify the offset, etc? From the photo it looks like the rears have a negative offset; they fill up the wheel well opening nicely. But they might be zero offset, hard to tell....
I'm not sure of the offset, but all the wheels have 4.5 inch backspacing.
Great start!.
Think that a set of trim rings & dog dishes would set it apart from the others but it’s your ride to do with as you please
As long as you are happy it’s good
I'm waiting for a set of dog dishes to come in the mail. Similar to what was on it before, from an old Dart I believe.

Here's a view from the rear.

20210420_182724.jpg

What's funny is the pic still makes the car look gargantuan. Like an elephant on roller skates.

Those new wheels make it look like a old undercover G-man car!
My thoughts exactly. I have a habit of naming my cars. Haven't nailed one down yet, but Agent Dale Cooper keeps coming to mind. Probably because I also like large amounts of coffee and pie.

Last edited:
Back