There's cars still to be found

DCMC

Reaction score
My brothers heard rumors of this and finally found it. Behind a abandoned house.
20200808_163421.jpg
20200808_163405.jpg
20200808_163405.jpg
20200808_163348.jpg
20200808_163252.jpg
20200808_164051.jpg
20200808_163145.jpg
20200808_164051.jpg
20200808_163445.jpg
20200808_163445.jpg
20200808_163228.jpg
20200808_163228.jpg

20200808_163441.jpg

20200808_163203.jpg

Such a shame to see cars go to waste like that. Would be cool to get it running, clean it up and drive as is.

Too bad he didn't get a picture of the Fender tag and VIN.

That is intiguing - can you tell us more, like what state is it in and what happens next? What a find!

I am not sure why, but I do long for one of those!

Last edited:
Nice combo too! Hemi Orange (Go Mango), pistol grip 4 spd and a 440. Some typical "day two" add-ons. Good luck acquiring the 'Bird and yes, please keep us in the loop...

Gonna fix it up one day...
How many times have we all heard this before?
I want to be clear before I express my opinions here this is a sore spot for me. I have seen too many vehicles literally sit and rot into the dirt under them only to be fixed up some day!
I have personally stopped and talked to many owners to hear this line, or one similar. I am waiting for my grandson to get older, my son to get done with college, etc., etc. etc.
True, many times this does happen, but on most of the vehicles I have talked to the owners, the cars sit in the same spot and end up getting towed away. Only after the owner has neglected it to the point it is not worth saving.
Sorry for the outburst here. But, I just do not understand why someone will not part with a vehicle. If someone is willing to give a fair price and get the car or truck back on the road, then please let it go.
I would much rather see a classic back on the road being driven and used instead of sitting and rotting away. So what if it needs some work, paint, etc.
Sorry for the long rant, but I still cannot make sense of this behavior even after being involved with cars for over 30 years.

I want to be clear before I express my opinions here this is a sore spot for me. I have seen too many vehicles literally sit and rot into the dirt under them only to be fixed up some day!
I have personally stopped and talked to many owners to hear this line, or one similar. I am waiting for my grandson to get older, my son to get done with college, etc., etc. etc.
True, many times this does happen, but on most of the vehicles I have talked to the owners, the cars sit in the same spot and end up getting towed away. Only after the owner has neglected it to the point it is not worth saving.
Sorry for the outburst here. But, I just do not understand why someone will not part with a vehicle. If someone is willing to give a fair price and get the car or truck back on the road, then please let it go.
I would much rather see a classic back on the road being driven and used instead of sitting and rotting away. So what if it needs some work, paint, etc.
Sorry for the long rant, but I still cannot make sense of this behavior even after being involved with cars for over 30 years.
A lot of us here wear that T-shirt.

They've never had a epiphany. One that would slap'em in the face, or a life altering positive event.
These are usually people with little aspirations and desire to become better, evolve to be more. They are content going through daily life, year after year with minimal change and their biggest dream is rotting in the yard. That is why they ( most ) can't let go.
Others, sentiment and denial that its decaying at a rate as fast as themselves.

Wow this really caught my attention as I am a big Super-bird fan, that car is freakin' awesome. As others said hope it gets saved and PLEASE keep us in the loop.

sentiment
Antique dealers know all about sentimental value. I suspect that if people knew exactly when they were going to die, they might deal with their possessions beforehand.
I knew of a couple people in Detroit that had winged B-bodies back when they were just used cars. I wouldn't want to own one myself. Even if I won it in a raffle, I wouldn't want to pay to insure it.

Back