Thermo guard......

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I picked a power seat mech from a 60 Chrysler New Yorker to use in my 61 Fury last friday, and found this thermo guard in the back seat. Part #3874152
It's a little rough but usable.

Anyone need one....? Free plus shipping.

DSC07087 (Large).jpg

I'm repeating, not stating.
Applications varied widely starting in 74 up to the RWD cars' demise. Only definitve app that I know of were all Formals.
Seen on select R's, M's, and whateverTF the Volares and Aspens were.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
They were usually tossed at the first battery service like said previously. I bought my 1973 Ralleye Challenger new in Wisconsin and my car didn't have it.

was this an option or standard at some point?
I'm sure it wasn't an option.
If it was, you'd have heard from some idiot on ebay advertising a car with the "very rare and desirable Thermoguard Delete option"

< Sent from my tablet >

My 1978 data book shows an optional 500 amp battery picture with the Thermoguard and it just says the battery is standard with 440 engine, optional with other applications.

Thermo guards were, as Commando said offered on Formals in the C body family. All R bodies got them because Mopar changed the design and molded the washer bottle into them.

I'm repeating, not stating.
Applications varied widely starting in 74 up to the RWD cars' demise. Only definitve app that I know of were all Formals.
Seen on select R's, M's, and whateverTF the Volares and Aspens were.

< Sent from my tablet >

Aspens and Volares were just "F", not "TF".

was this an option or standard at some point?

They were pretty much standard by about 1976. Underhood temps with all of the e-crap were getting so high, that they were cooking batteries. Thermgards became a necessity.

Back