Thermoguard Update

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to working on the Thermoguard that Will graciously gave me. The before and after pictures. I used a shot blaster with glass beads.

DSC02221.jpgDSC02225.jpgDSC02226.jpgDSC02227.jpgDSC02228.jpgDSC02229.jpg

DSC02221.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

I thought it cleaned up quite nicely with the shot blaster.

Yep, highly prized and sought after Thermoguard battery cover. Most were thrown away.

Thats what I would have done with it then. Now? I would be bitching I cant find one

Glass bead, What a great Idea Bob. Looks great, and to think Stan.. just painted his black..:hehe:.

Oh 'yea by the way the 'Pack .....

Glass bead, What a great Idea Bob. Looks great, and to think Stan.. just painted his black..:hehe:.

Thanks! Glass bead in the shot blaster barely took any material off the Thermoguard. I was quite pleased. I think I might give it a coat of clear coat to protect it. Thoughts anyone?

BTW, Stan can still shot blast his Thermoguard...the glass bead will take the paint off easily.

Last edited:
Oh 'yea by the way the 'Pack .....

I'm glad we have a friendly border war with the Pack and the Bears. LOL! Too bad we don't have a Vikings fan on the forum, I have plenty of them for the Vikings.

I hope others get football fever when we get closer to the season starting up.

Enough with the football already!

image.jpg

BTW, the Auto Craft Shop on the Army base that I have access to has the shot blaster. I had to wait to use the lift, so I shot the Thermoguard and the battery tray and battery tray support bracket while waiting on the lift. It took less than an hour to shoot all 3 pieces. A small user fee of $8 for the hour on the shot blaster. I am fortunate and very grateful to have such access!!!

Some surface protection should be a good idea; this part should be pretty prone to dirt after blasting.

Bob...... The thermoguard looks great.
I've had good sucess cleaning plastic with muranic acid...... Works great to remove the stains from inside a washer bottle..... Won't effect the plastic. (It comes in a plastic bottle). Just be careful using it..... Hold your breath....

Bob...... The thermoguard looks great.
I've had good sucess cleaning plastic with muranic acid...... Works great to remove the stains from inside a washer bottle..... Won't effect the plastic. (It comes in a plastic bottle). Just be careful using it..... Hold your breath....

I've used that acid before. Can be very dangerous and need ventilation.

I'm anal to a point..........

At least you have one (even if it is black). Mine is invisible, and I don't think it is doing a very good job insulating the battery. :sad10:

Enough with the football already!

Being a White Sox fan, I sure would love to make fun of the Tigers. BUT seeing as how your Tigers are in first place and the Sox are in last, I'll have to decline comment at this time LOL! :frustrated:

Mine is invisible, and I don't think it is doing a very good job insulating the battery.
Put your invisible one on ebay. Headline it with the words "NOS", "HEMI", and "SIX PACK".
It will sell for 500 bucks with a B.I.N.

Back