They Don't Get Much Better Than This 1957 Sport Fury - Original Survivor!

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw this listing on Ebay. Probably the nicest 1957 Sport Fury I have seen:

1957 Plymouth Fury GOLDEN FURY | eBay

Read the listing for a wealth of details. Says 90K miles, so I don't see how the seats, for example, could be as nice as they are after all this time. But maybe there were some minor repairs along the way - must have been. The dashpad looks wavy, so that suggests it is original though. And power windows, very rare. Underneath of body shows the pampering.
Many bids.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think "Sport Fury" was a term used then but awesome car!

"Sport Fury" didn't happen until the 1962 model year, I believe. As "Fury" had become a normal trim level with normal engine availability by that time.

The original "Fury" had the 2x4bbl 318 "A" motor. 1958 had the new 350cid "B" motor with 2x4bbl carbs.

Great looking car! Great story. That's the first picture I've seen of the headliner in those cars. I knew that most had the courtesy lights along the roof rail, but not the longitudinal chrome trim. Neat stuff! Hope it finds an appreciative home!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I don't think "Sport Fury" was a term used then but awesome car!

I just came off reading the tension filled post regarding the 71 Sport Fury decal reproduction efforts when I set out to post this ebay listing and didn't properly separate the Sport Fury from Fury in this case. I do know better.

We know that. What's your guess on the Price? Frankly that's one item I nearly can't stand to watch as I would really like to own it very much but I'm not in the market for a Forward Look car for at least half a decade.:(

it was in Carlisle, too in the for sale corral.
Still with matching dust.
I forgot what they were asking but it was a lot

184.JPG
185.JPG
186.JPG
187.JPG
191.JPG

nice guy to talk to and a good story about the car

"Sport Fury" didn't happen until the 1962 model year, I believe.

I think the name "Sport Fury" was a model in 1959, but not used again until 1962.

The original "Fury" had the 2x4bbl 318 "A" motor. 1958 had the new 350cid "B" motor with 2x4bbl carbs.

In 58 the Fury base motor was a 318 2x4 carb with the "Golden commando" 350 2x4 engine as an option.

CBODY67

We know that. What's your guess on the Price? Frankly that's one item I nearly can't stand to watch as I would really like to own it very much but I'm not in the market for a Forward Look car for at least half a decade.:(

My best guess is it will go for around $70K given how original it is, and that is a big draw for some collectors. As I am writing this, the listing still has 6 days to go with 54 bids already and the current high bid is $40K.

Back