Things I'm doing to my '69 300...

GBsPanhead

Reaction score
Just wanted to post some things I'm doing to my new to me 300 'vert, and try to keep a history.

First....smoking a 2.5 pound tri-tip lol...

Will was kind enough to sell me his dual snorkel setup. Thanks again Will!

Oil pressure sender mounted today, had to use a 45* elbow. I know it's still dirty back there! I cleaned some crud off before removing old oil plug. Installed water temp sensor. Gauge panel mounted, did not drill any holes in dash. Next to run wires.

Have dash apart, still researching how to drop it, think I have it figured out from my research here, and in the manual. See pic with blue half dome lights? Are those dash lights? My map light, and these were not hooked up for whatever reason. I have a NOS head light switch coming, that's why I need to drop the dash to install that new switch.

Also located a set of HP manifolds local to me. That's the last on my list to do. Worried about the exhaust studs breaking! yikes!

Changed coolant. Spark plugs changed last week. Old one looked good, light tanish color. New air filter and gas filter arrived today. Convertible boot should be here tomorrow. Also ordered a set of new studs/bolts for the HP manifolds. I know motor isn't the cleanest, but I swear she starts up within seconds, hot or cold. No smoke when starting, secondarys open when they should, motor just purrs, but looks ugly! It's on my list!!!

Smoker.jpg

gauges.jpg

20180705_184305.jpg

20180705_184406.jpg

20180705_184339.jpg

20180705_184445.jpg

Last edited:
For starters, 440 TNT air cleaner is on either a hemi orange or Magnum/TNT Red engine. No idea what you actually have. What year car and what engine is this?
Gauge panel is aftermarket, so use the sensors that came with it,
Dave

Hey Dave! '69 300 convertible, 440, non HP. I didn't paint the motor!!! There's some history on this poor car I rescued here on the site. VIN, motor, trans are all matched. Carb might be too, still researching that. One of the PO installed duals using the non-HP manifolds.

20180625_164648.jpg

Blue is the correct engine color as this is a 350 hp engine. Air cleaner is not right for this engine, Pull the TNT decal.

Dave

Well. it is still wrong.

Dave

Check your build tag or build sheet, that pie tin comes with the L coded engine. Most were produced with the K code which is the 350 Hp engine

Dave

Last edited:
Maybe not correct but the TNT pie to is cool looking.....

Your call, some of the Canadian (Windsor) engines with the HP package were "maple Leaf Red"(close to hemi orange), US production were TNT red, colors were not quite the same. Blue ones were all 350hp as far as I know.

Dave

Last edited:
Nice looking car that shouldn't take too much to make it a nice driver for cruising. Regards the dash, you don't have to take the entire dash frame out to do the headlight switch, one only has to remove the dash face and instrument cluster to get to the back of the assy. I hope this info is of help. If you want pics of the back of the instruments in a dash frame removed from the car let me know.

The instrument panel lighting on those cars is pretty neat! Only thing is that the "bank" of lights ground with the center Phillips-head screw. IF the lights suddenly go out, tighten the screw. That's what I found on our '72 Newport Royal, when it was newer. Seems like that particular screw has a thin metal strap that it goes through?

CBODY67

I added a dual snorkel to Jezebelle's 350/440 because they look so cool. I did find a "440 four bbl" top sticker for it
engine right.JPG
engine left.JPG

Mine is a 350/440 to. I love my dual snorkel and my HP manifolds! The air cleaner needs some love but im more worried about enjoying the car this year. Its on the list for winter stuff to do!

Back