Things I'm doing to my '69 300...

That's one heck of a cool ride. Good luck sorting it all out. Once it's reliable electricly you can conquer the world with it.
I kinda think that motors pretty clean for its age ( i like the pie tin by the way ) keep on truckin you'll have it sorted in no time. Cool cool cool.

Hey Dave! '69 300 convertible, 440, non HP. I didn't paint the motor!!! There's some history on this poor car I rescued here on the site. VIN, motor, trans are all matched. Carb might be too, still researching that. One of the PO installed duals using the non-HP manifolds.

View attachment 196114
Now THAT is a very sharp looking car. A real head turner. Bet you can't park it anyplace without people asking you about it. Cars like this will be the Auburns and Duesenbergs of the future. I think Pontiac had most of the best looking cars of the 60's and very early 70's but this matches any of them.

Thanks guys! My laptop took a dump, had to get a new one, just came last night. As did a bunch of parts!!

Replacing belts/hoses. Couple items still in transit. Seat backs/door pulls from ABC Moparts. Guys were good enough to get shipped before they headed to Carlisle. I still have the OEM seat backs, but have a few cracks. Price was reasonable. New convertible boot from Legendary. My HP manfolds I got locally, and on ebay. I have a 3rd drivers HP manifold that came with the right side, but wrong part number I think. Was for a '70 or 71 I think. Would have to look it up.

Installed a OEM fan shroud. Old battery tray was rusted out, so ordered a aftermarket one. Waiting on a bunch of new trim screws to replace mismatched ones. Started wiring for gauges. I soldered #10 ring connectors, covered with mesh, then shrink tube. Better than crimping, mesh cover helps make for a better look.

Still waiting for my OEM NOS headlight rocker switch to arrive. Also ordered some 'vintage plates' from DMV, (Black/yellow letters), also got a vintage Chrysler keychain, and 1969 original sales brochure, (in transit).

The chrome is a disaster on right rear trim piece, (see pic). PO replaced left side, but not right. He said he got left side on ebay, I cant find a right side. I lost my chrome guys number, was going to send him a pic, but not sure if too badly pitted to rescue. Anyone have a source for replacement trim, or have on in their stash?

20180712_174243.jpg

20180712_174339.jpg

20180712_174342.jpg

20180712_174407.jpg

20180712_182649.jpg

20180712_182743.jpg

20180712_182843.jpg

20180712_181641.jpg

20180712_181705.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you dont mess around!! Love it! :thumbsup:

That right side piece may be to far gone. Try contacting Murray Park. With Carlisle going on, he probably wont answer for a while. He's good people, but as far as I know he's basically a one-man-band, so you'll have to be patient with him.

Thanks! Ad states "1969-71 Chrysler right fender upper rear moulding" Hmmmm.

I just went to try and take my old one off, and of course the phillips head screw is stuck like its welded. Going to have to probably drop rear bumper so I can get a straighter shot with a long drill bit and drill the screw out.

Only one pic on his website, so cant see if this is the part I need. For 15 bucks, I'll probably get it...after I see what other goodies he has!

What's the general consensous….is this the part I need?

The 69’s are growing on me. I am really liking that color combo

OMG! All my lights now are working it appears. PO had rigged up a toggle switch to open head lights. He had removed the plug on headlight rocker switch and not all tail/brake lights worked right. NOS switch came today, plugged it it, all working as it should!!!

Installed upper/lower rad hoses, (installed spring on lower hose). New thermostat, went with a 180. Cant find one of the hose clamps! Gotta be in there some where! Battery tray/hold down installed. Need to order some battery terminal clamps. My positive one has cracks in it.

Started to pull a few bolts out so I can lift dash up to get to screws that hold rocker switch in place.

20180713_183540.jpg

20180713_180534.jpg

20180713_183533.jpg

Great news, congrats! Now if I could suggest a more substantial stock style fuel filter kind of behind and to the right of the alternator.

Here is a 68 383. Steel tubing from carb to filter, the short rubber hose to steel tube line to pump. I could be wrong but can’t imagine that the 69 is different.
It seems to me that In-line tube had the upper fuel line kit. But that was 5 or more years ago.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well...finally got the dash pulled out just enough that I could get new headlight rocker switch installed! What a relief on that one!

Ordered 4 new KYB gas shocks from Rockauto, be here early this week.

Got my vent controls working...WD40 on cables...work great now.

I can't find a connector anywhere under the dash for the connector shown in the pic. I have to look at the wiring diagram, but I'm thinking needs to connect to the dimmer control rotary switch? Same for my SW gauges I would think??

Please look at the pics of ride height, and springs. These are numbers with no air in the air shocks, which I'm replacing anyways. I jumped up and down on front and rear, and these are the numbers I get. Just about 1" higher in rear based on measurements at lower rockers. What should it be? I live by Denver Springs, they did my F350 4x4 dually springs, but they ain't cheap!!! So any other options? Springs are toast?? Thanks!!

Dash conn.jpg

20180715_185145.jpg

20180715_185340.jpg

20180715_185431.jpg

20180715_185457.jpg

20180715_185534.jpg

Back