Thinking about selling my 74' New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Thinking about selling my 74 New Yorker 2 door since I don't drive it enough and too many other projects. Loaded, 440 4 bbl 54,XXX original miles. I have had it like 13+ years. New within last year, car cover, new carb, brakes, rotors, wheel bearings, calipers, brake lines, starter, alternator, full dual exhaust, 5 New tires, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, battery, have fender skirts, wire wheel covers and extra parts. Not perfect but a nice old original car. What do you guys think she's worth?

IMG_54481.jpg

20200312_172257.jpg

20200312_172235.jpg

20200312_172029.jpg

20210719_204014.jpg

20210719_204040.jpg

It has a nice color combination and is well equipped. A #3 vehicle is worth about $5,500 to $7500 by the price guide. Those numbers are always behind the real market. If it was mine I would put it out there at $10k and see if anyone bites. It is hard to find nice two doors of this type, so my advice would be to keep it and maybe move something else in your stable that is not as nice.

Dave

I would strongly agree with Davea. $10,000 is a very good price for the condition of the car and what you have done to it recently. These cars always look very good in Mopar mid-70's metallic paint vs "flat" colors. Anyone can get behind the wheel and drive it all day or until they run out of money for gas. The MI plates look good on it (I still have mine from that time). Let us know how it goes. Bring her to the Car Show in IL in June with a For Sale sign and meet the crew.

I also agree with a starting price of $10000. If the buyer doesn't come back with at least an $8000 offer, I'd tell him, "Time for you to go home." If the offer is $8000 or above, you can work from there.

If you are in Michigan like me I would list it a little higher than 10K. That is a super nice looking cruiser and if you look at what cars are selling for around here I would put it at 11 or 12. Hell I just seen a 74 4 door dart with a slant 6 sell for 7K.

BTW I envy you as you have 2 of my bucket list cars a 63 Plymouth and 70 Charger. Nice

Thanks for your opinions guys. Just thinking about it for now. Not sure yet.
Here are my Chargers and Belvedere.

20210320_161540.jpg

20211002_103536_HDR.jpg

What do you guys think she's worth?
Truthfully, several years ago I could have come pretty damn close an accurate fair market value.
Today? The market is so f****d up now, I say, shoot for the absurd if you're in no hurry. Give it a thorough catfish glamour shoot and put it on BaT.

Is it me, or does this car look COMPLETELY different without the fender skirts, I think they change the looks of this platform more than any other.......

I'm no expert on C-Bodies of that year, but you don't see many 2-doors, and when you do they're usually Newports. That would seemingly make this New Yorker 2-door coupe at least somewhat rare. Between that, the prime condition, and all you've done with it recently, I'd start at $11K top $12K, and see what happens. Metallic green sure is nice on this, with green vinyl top no less, and the road wheels don't hurt either.......Get the best photos you can, and a "driving" video, including a cold start-up, and see if BringATrailer will list it. Yes, they seem sports/import car-focused, but also include distinctive (like this one) American cars as well. If you time it right, maybe they'll list it for St. Patrick's Day.

That's a great looking car. Good luck with the sale if you do indeed part with it.

Did you ever post the fender tag? Can't seem to find a green fender tag among the ones I saved.

By the way, you'll have to change your avatar when you sell it ;).

No, I didn't post the fender tag. Chrysler had a green in 74. Looks like it is called G8 Deep Sherwood Metallic.

Deep Sherwood Metallic.jpg

Another silly question: Tilt Telescopic steering wheel.... and is it in good condition?

I'm sorry! I should have decorated my previous remark with an emoticon expressing irony or something. Now however I am thinking about a face palm.

After alot of thinking. I think I am not going to sell it just yet. I have been getting some pretty decent offers for it, but I think I am just going to drive it alot more this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back