Throttle pivot bushing?

GoodEnuf

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of getting a barn find '64 2 door hardtop Newport back on the road.

I am having difficulty finding what this part is or what the proper name even is...

There is a bracket coming off the bell housing with a U-shaped opening on it. Sitting in this U is one end of the horizontal shaft part of the throttle/kickdown linkages. I imagine a bushing or clip of some sort is supposed to hold the end of this horizontal shaft in place. Currently, that shaft just kicks out of the bracket when the pedal is released. I can't seem to find diagrams that show my exact setup either. Does anyone know what this part is called or a way to rig this so the shaft stays in?

There is a u shaped piece of plastic that snaps in the opening and holds the rod in place.. I had the same problem with my 64 wagon . I used this style of bearing support to replace it , if I remember it was a 3/8th shaft . I Just drilled 2 holes in the bracket and 2 small machine screw held it in place.

One source is here=lMcMaster-Carr

2820T35c1-d03c-digital-master1569423994-p9@1x_637050044436084429.png

There is a u shaped piece of plastic that snaps in the opening and holds the rod in place.. I had the same problem with my 64 wagon . I used this style of bearing support to replace it , if I remember it was a 3/8th shaft . I Just drilled 2 holes in the bracket and 2 small machine screw held it in place.

One source is here=lMcMaster-Carr

View attachment 397459
Perfect! Thanks!

www.jholst.net has parts and service books for download for 1955-1965 Chrysler Corp cars and some pickup trucks. The main orientation of that website is the 300 Letter Cars, but the parts and service books cover the regular Chryslers plus the 300 Letter Cars of that era.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

www.jholst.net has parts and service books for download for 1955-1965 Chrysler Corp cars and some pickup trucks. The main orientation of that website is the 300 Letter Cars, but the parts and service books cover the regular Chryslers plus the 300 Letter Cars of that era.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
That is an amazing resource, thanks!

Back