Thumppy thump thump!!!!!

jake

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but, I want to quiet her down some. Must be getting old, recommendations on good flowing mufflers at a good cost with no drone?

I sometimes think the same thing so I’m listening too.

I like the dynomax that came with my TTI kit. No drone, not loud, not expensive. It would help to know what you're coming from (muffler wise) to know what to suggest.

I’ve got flowmaster 50s iirc..
hope you don’t mind me piling on here Jake...:lol:

Make sure your tail pipes actually exit just a bit past the edge of the rear bumper... if they are ahead the car can drone.

Another drone reducer is the addition of an equalizer tube connecting both exhaust pipes before the mufflers if there's room.

I’ve got the equalizer tube I just want to be a few decibels quieter but I still like the rumble and roar. I think I posted a video of mine idling in my shop somewhere on the site.

I have some flow pros that came with the car.

I googled "flo pro" muffler to see if it's a chambered style muffler like flow master, but I couldn't find a solid answer, so I'll assume that it is a chambered design.

I’ve got the equalizer tube I just want to be a few decibels quieter but I still like the rumble and roar. I think I posted a video of mine idling in my shop somewhere on the site.

I think the biggest improvement for both of you will be going to a turbo style muffler like Dynomax or Magnaflow. I have the 22" Dynomaxs under my car. They rumble at idle and driving under 55, but at highway speeds I don't hear them. If you have heard a newer Harley with stock pipes running, that's about how loud my car is with my car being just a little bit louder and deeper. If you want louder than that just get a shorter muffler. I suggest avoiding the el cheapo Thrust brand. The guys on Engine Masters showed that all of the Thrust mufflers are like 2" inside no matter what the inlet/outlet diameter is.

The Dynomax are on my pile.

The 3" makes it louder, but not the annoying drone.
Those were the quietest choice I could find in the 3", and they came anyhow with the TTI system.

My older neighbor would over-dramatically hold his hands to his ears when I would pull out in the street in front of the house.

Now the Fury is the quietest of all the motored stable.
Having loud pipes on the Harley is a safety concern.
The mindless pond scum that acquire driver's licenses in this state, need a reminder there is a bike next to them.

Idle sound

Oh no...another loud pipes saves lives justification for straight pipes.
You need the exhaust outlets facing forward if you want to warn other drivers of your approaching. Or, you could use the horn....no, you can bareley hear it with the engine off...an it points at the pavement, anyway.

Never understood the "loud pipes save lives" philosophy. In an urban area the nose bounces off buildings etc and other drivers can't distinguish where it's coming from, just annoyed by it and distracted. In rural settings the noise is behind you at speed so how does that "warn" animals or drivers where your at in front of you? And frankly most people i know including fellow riders/drivers are not impressed. Same goes for ridiculous loud trucks and cars.

Bullshit. When you are riding next to someone they know you are there.

Most people have a blind spot, if you end up there, a normal person can hear a loud bike. Some people are that distracted/ bad of a driver it doesn't matter.

Of course people up ahead can't hear you,never said they could.
Nothing is a replacement for defensive riding.

Can't argue with letting drivers know you're there when next to them. However, all the safe rider courses I have taken emphasize not to put yourself in that position. Either get in front or get behind and out of their blindspots. You said it and the key is RIDE DEFENSIVELY!!

I agree, when riding in multiple lanes you get put in spots you don't want to be.

As sad as it is, I really limit my riding during snowbird season, it's bad.

Even driving 12,000 lb truck, it seems like every day someone is swerving out of their lane, usually because they are texting.

The kids have been bugging me to sell the bike because of the risks, honestly, I like driving the Fury as much if not more than riding.

Plus, I could use that money to "invest" in more things for the car!:rolleyes:

Its sad to have to think abt stopping riding the cycle. But, I too have pondered it for safety reasons. Even in our rural area there are so many distracted idiot drivers thst it's kinda taking the fun out of it. And as you said driving the classic cars is as enjoyable. Stay safe no matter what your mode of transport is!!

The kids have been bugging me to sell the bike because of the risks, honestly, I like driving the Fury as much if not more than riding.

I know we've gotten off topic here but I quit riding a couple years ago because of "the risk". Between my woman staying worried and my friends who rode selling their bikes after someone would get hurt or killed, I found myself riding completely alone for the last few years. So after 10 years of riding I no longer have a bike to ride.

And these distracted idiot ***-hats make me just as nervous in my old cars, maybe even more so, and I'm sure you guys feel the same.

Back