Tilt Steering Column for '65 Monaco

65 Monaco

Reaction score
Trying to locate a tilt steering column for my '65 Monaco. Anyone have any leads or ideas on where I might be able to locate one? Thanks in advance.

1966 was the first year for Tilt-a-Scope in C-body Chryslers. Perhaps it'll graft into your '65? There might be other things which will need modification/changes to make that work?

OF course, there are always the aftermarket "street rod" oriented tilt-only columns, which WILL need some fabrication to work, I suspect. Wiring harness changes as well as physical equipment changes, considering they are more GM-oriented than not.

In general, not a lot of need for a tilt column in a C-body Chrysler product, from what I can see. Just to have one to say you have one could well be more trouble than it's worth. As with cupholders, we got along for decades without them, but suddenly they were "gotta have" items for many.

CBODY67

65 Monaco should be only equipped with console and buckets, never seen one with a column mounted shifter and don't think they made 'em that way.

Just for the record, and a bit of a warning. The tilt column used on these cars has a remote mounted turn signal switch and parts for it are becoming quite scarce. I had the cable break on mine and it took me several years to find a replacement for it.

GM-Saginaw Steering probably built the column. There can be some similarities, at least a many as Chrysler engineers desired. Sometimes, you have to get outside of the normal network to find things!

CBODY67

I think I have one for a console car. What are they worth? BTW, mine needs the turn signal switch cable mentioned above.
Mark

Back