Time flies

rkrochen

Reaction score
Wow how time flies. I am officially old today as I applied for my old age pension. Strangely enough it doesn’t bother me at all as I am looking forward to the government giving back for once.
Also I just came back from a weekend fishing trip and some of the greatest people were 75 and 79 years young. Hopefully I can do as well as them
Time to enjoy life.
PS great trip we limited out on the walleye and they were up to 24” long.

Congratulations on your retirement! Your time is now your own, so do what you enjoy. Keep physically and mentally active. You have some wonderful decades ahead of you.

Wow how time flies. I am officially old today as I applied for my old age pension. Strangely enough it doesn’t bother me at all as I am looking forward to the government giving back for once.
Also I just came back from a weekend fishing trip and some of the greatest people were 75 and 79 years young. Hopefully I can do as well as them
Time to enjoy life.
PS great trip we limited out on the walleye and they were up to 24” long.

Enjoy!
A friend of mine runs a lodge a little north (well a lot, The Pas) of you and is a guide there. He turned 65 last year, and doesn't consider it work. A few opening day catches.
carpenters1.jpg

carpenters2.jpg

carpenters3.jpg

Congrats on your retirement. I pulled the plug a couple years ago and never regretted it. BTW you will have to dramatically increase your post count to achieve "Old Man With Hat" status.

June 1st was four years for me. Once a month we have a retirement luncheon, and I always ask the same question, "What do you call someone who wakes up every morning happy"? RETIRED.

Maybe I mislead everyone a little. I have actually been retired for a couple of years just living off our savings. Now I am officially calling it retirement as I can now collect my pension. Retirement is great and we are loving every day. Thanks for the kind words.
I don’t know if I can ever get to the same status as an old man with a hat but it’s something to shoot for.

Back