tire options for T&C station wagon

1966 t and c

Reaction score
After owning the car for a while now I'm just not loving the thin whitewalls. Any opinions on what would look best, wide white walls, Firestone wide oval white letters or Firestone redlines?
american-classic-wide-whitewall-tall-profile.png
redlines.png
wide ovals.jpg
CIMG4270 (2).JPG

Sorry, I'm going to stick with what you have. The wide whites are for a generation of cars older than yours. The only other choice for me would be blackwalls.

I think those tires you have on your car look great! But since you do not, I say go with anything other than wide whites; they do not belong on a car built after 1959.

I would also speak against using those bis-ply POSes. Put on a set of modern radials and enjoy the much better ride and safety.

First I want to say I love your wagon. Then I had to laugh, because my 68 300 vert had the wide white walls. Took a survey here and there were no positive votes for the wide white walls. I changed to the 1 inch white walls and like it much better. What you have now is great, but it's your coin, your car, do what makes you happy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

May I suggest instead adding a nice set of stainless steel mudflaps perhaps with the white rubber bottom and a set of Curb feelers.

I,m sort of having the same issue on my '62 300. It has 3" plus w/w bias ply tires. The radials are all 3/4". What I would prefer is a 1.5" w/w in radial or bias ply.

Stay where you're now at! To me, the car looks correct (although I don't recall Magnum 500s being an option for wagons, back then). It all fits together, like it is now.

You might be better served by saving for some 15" wheels as 14" sizes are getting fewer and fewer in the marketplace, unless you want to pay for repro tires @$300.00 each.

Wide Whites?? Just remember how much MORE scrubbing it'll take to make them look like they should. PITA.

CBBODY

First I want to say I love your wagon. Then I had to laugh, because my 68 300 vert had the wide white walls. Took a survey here and there were no positive votes for the wide white walls. I changed to the 1 inch white walls and like it much better. What you have now is great, but it's your coin, your car, do what makes you happy.

View attachment 162013

View attachment 162014
Yikes!

View attachment 162013

View attachment 162014
Thanks for the photos JC. Love the 300, thin whites do look much better on it. Not really considering the wide whites, just looking for input from folks. They look great on my uncles 55 and 56 crown vics but dont think they look good on later model cars. Really wish I could see what a set of red lines would look like on my T&C before buying them and possibly not liking them after there mounted. I have seen white letter tires on T&Cs when I searched for images. They look OK but to me not quite right. Black walls are OK, just a little to plain. The thin white walls may be the best option. Just wondering what other folks thoughts on the options were.

Stay where you're now at! To me, the car looks correct (although I don't recall Magnum 500s being an option for wagons, back then). It all fits together, like it is now.

You might be better served by saving for some 15" wheels as 14" sizes are getting fewer and fewer in the marketplace, unless you want to pay for repro tires @$300.00 each.

Wide Whites?? Just remember how much MORE scrubbing it'll take to make them look like they should. PITA.

CBBODY
Yea, Magnum 500s were not an option on the T&C. But I aint going back to the hubcaps, realy love the Magnums which are 15 inchs.

So . . . you really do need to stay where you're at!

CBODY67

Magnums of any sort were not available until 1967. As far as I know there were available on wagons but were not common.

I think they look fabulous on that 66 wagon though. If I wasn't running correct disc brake hubcaps on my 66 T&C, I would be running Magnums. Best factory sport wheel out there IMO .

Looks good as is, but red lines would look good too (but rather expensive).
I'll agree with the "anything but wide whites" statement.

If it were me I would lower the front end a tad and put slightly wider tires/wheels in the rear to fill out her rear end just abit. But what do I know,,,I'm just a kid covered in zits...

Lovely car by the way,,:thumbsup:

Back