Tire question

66Plymouth

Reaction score
So I know I can go 275/60/15 on my rear which comes out to a 28 /11.4/15 tire. I can get a good deal on a set of 26/11.5/15 which comes out to 266/52/15. Do you think the little extra 11.5/11.4 will make a difference as far as clearance ?
Dan

I wouldn't be concerned about the clearance so much as your speedometer will read considerably faster than you're going. My tires are 3/4" shorter than stock and mine is off by a little more than 10 mph.

Ty, I'll recalibrate it after I get everything setup and finish on the ole girl;)

Last edited:
I run a P255/60.15 on the back and it is within 1% of the actual speed using a gps as a calibration tool.
My previous tires were severely undersized and had about 10% negative reading IE Speedo showed 60mph and I was really doing about 52-53mph

I guess I should have been more specific, these arw Mickey Thompson Slicks and not street tires. For the summer I'll be running them and towards winter I'll put on my street tires . So not concerned about my MPH off as much as rubbing the fender/lip area that is. Could always talk the wife into letting me turn it into a big tire girl ;) lol

Are those Mickey Thompsons "Street Legal"??? PLUS, slicks don't do well on wet pavement.

Being "slicks" what about "diameter growth" at speed? Just curious if they are nearly as much as real drag slicks on dragsters?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Yes they are but DOT how I'm not sure lol. Well I'm hoping to get them on tomorrow. I have my other rim/tires to swap out if need be.

20190703_193234_HDR.jpg

Back