TIRE SIZE 1969 300

DDR2467

Reaction score
Hello Gang. Am going to be going a bit bigger on my wheel diameter. Right now my car rides on 235/75-R15. Looking to go with 255/60-R17s in the back and 235/65-R17s up front.

OK..... go!!!

A102955C-DB1A-4D6A-9C59-2788728B3C8C.jpeg

6D96D4B2-6A8F-4D62-85C9-6B851E0F4A88.jpeg

A86E6FBA-7E67-4F9E-B87C-0499EA9280DC.jpeg

View attachment 412709

View attachment 412710

Dont get me wrong..
There are tons of tire size threads in this forum.
It is obvious you did your homework regarding the outer diameter of the rubber.
Rims are a personal taste,so whatever turns your crank.
Go for it.

I always thought most original tire widths and heights were kinda like high heels on a fat girl. Our girls can use a wider base, and look better while they are at it. Of course I'm biased. 29" tires on the rear are great because the body overhang visually breaks up the height. The fronts are the ones you get the full effect on. I prefer less height on the front than rears. That and dial down the torsion bars to get a little rake and minimize the open space above the tires. But since you already are living with 29" height all around you know what it looks like. I think it will look great! For the wheels I was looking at these REV too and finally decided I wanted the old style lip/bead look instead of the polished smooth lip. My wallet was not happy though. I only decided that after looking at a bunch of examples, especially of the year-one version of these wheels. American Racing VN501 has this lip and is not too expensive. I'll assume your speedo is correctly calibrated otherwise a 32 tooth gear will work for 29" height. And lastly is your front brakes the factory finned drums? Because the mounting surface is recessed requiring consideration on how/what wheels you get and how they mount.

And lastly is your front brakes the factory finned drums? Because the mounting surface is recessed requiring consideration on how/what wheels you get and how they mount.
As mentioned , there are threads that talk about this concern. and how it was dealt as well.

Back