Tires and rims

FuryDan66

Reaction score
Really want to do more of what I call super stock look or race look over what I have now. The issue is I have a clue what size tires and setup to go with tho. Below are a few photos of idea of wheel combos I like;) if anyone has similar setup would love to see them.

1965-Plymouth-Belvedere-American Classics--Car-100968898-475f589a21a63a9d5b822e4e52c313ca.jpg

f51b764b302e2a494833f42fe9e75837--dodge-coronet-drag-cars.jpg

1966-plymouth-satellite-440-silver-and-black-black-interior-1.JPG

003.jpg

I understand, but I've been unsuccessful in finding any Cbodys with these kinda setups or look. Most have either newer style big wheels or class keystones and cragars

Well that and the stance I guess. Really just like the look. I'm sure I can run a 15x8.

Would 295/15 work in the rear without modifying it? Below is what size I would like on the rear end (blue wheels) and wouldn't mind the fronts on the other car just not sure what size those are.

used-1964-plymouth-fury-forsale-8031-16842846-26-1024.jpg

1544_02_1966_plymouth_fury_v_i_p__640.jpg

I have on the rear 15/8's on my 69 Fury III with 275/60/15's. 15/6 in the front with 235/70/15.

20160903_170054 (1).jpg

20160905_112128 (1).jpg

Might be able to run a 15x10 on the back if the offset I guess is correct and then I could run possibly a 295 tire? By the way your ride looks sharp

Would 295/15 work in the rear without modifying it? Below is what size I would like on the rear end (blue wheels) and wouldn't mind the fronts on the other car just not sure what size those are.

View attachment 205306

View attachment 205307
No, 275 is pushing the limits, you might squeeze a 285 with just the right rim, I have a 14x8" rim and I have millimeters on the fender side, and about a half inch on the inner side, I'm wondering if the 15" rims I got for the rear will even work as the offset puts the wheel inboard more. Tire clearance isn't an issue anywhere else. I like the look you're going for, it might be worth it for you to spend a hundred bucks or so on one of the wheel/tire measuring tools, unless you like collecting wheels that don't fit, like I've done!

So 275/60/15, would those fit a 15x8 inch rim then? I forsure am not into collecting of wheels lol.

Well the tires fit my wheels just fine,but like LocuMob said I do wonder if they will fit in your body style. Your car is a bit smaller so I can only guaranty the fit for a 69 Fury. I had found what would work on my car here following a build of another 69 Fury 2 door. He installed the wheels on his car that I liked very much. So I just ordered what he had just bought and installed them , so for me no guess work.
I believe the rear wheel wells on your car are smaller than my Fury's are so do your research to find out what works. I know the data is here in this forum somewhere or one of the experts here of your year car will chime in.

Last edited:
So 275/60/15, would those fit a 15x8 inch rim then? I forsure am not into collecting of wheels lol.
They should, most manufacturers list aarim size range acceptable for the tire size. I used them to determine what I could go with on my 15x6" Cragar G/T's. Then it' all about the backspacing to fit the car. I'll see if the shop two block away will let me borrow there measuring tool and double check my rims on the car. The 15" combo is only an inch taller, half inch inside the wheel well.

I didn't collect rims on purpose, but I had to get two sets to make one that worked on my Polara. And I did the same thing trying to get a set for my Dart. Lucked out for my truck and got a set of eight lug slots with tires from a friend, no guesswork there. I just remembered I have a pair of 14x10's in my storage unit... Think I might have to sell those sometime soon.

Those 14 are hard to come by and with a lot more people going back that away I would hold on to them;)

Unfortunately, I feel like most manufacturers dont really list tires/wheel combos for the muscle cars now.

Unfortunately, I feel like most manufacturers dont really list tires/wheel combos for the muscle cars now.
They don't, they list what rim sizes work for a certain size tire. Example, my 15x6" rims only allowed me to go with a maximum of 235 to fit correctly. It doesn't matter the vehicle, they are only selling tires. My 275's on those 14" rims are about the biggest tire, and the smallest rim combo to be safely mounted. I've had them on for over five years with no issues, but the sidewall does buldge a bit, I've had a couple comments about that this year. But it works and I'll use them til I get my 15" tires.

Those 14 are hard to come by and with a lot more people going back that away I would hold on to them;)
I'll never use a 14x10" rim. I know a guy who collects rims and old polyglas tires, I've already sent him a message. I need to clear out some parts I won't be using. I know what my cars have planned, and have a ton of parts already. Time, money, and space are my obstacles. And other cars popping up for sale that I have to save.:lol:

Ok well I'm hoping the 275s will work if I put those on a 15x8 inch rim. Thanks guys once again.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Do your homework you will be good to go. Looking forward to see what you come up with. [Your car looks great too right now!]

Back