Fury Man Van

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
No, don't do it to a /6 car.
No I won't do that I love this car she will stay tucked in right where she is
20210103_150122.jpg

The Goose

Reaction score
I’m with Big John on this one. Until the condition of the framework is settled it’ll be a wildcard as to its future.

That being said it looks no worse than the shape my 65 polara was in when I dragged it home. I made door panels my upholstery buddy helped me with the seats and I drove it daily in Phoenix with no top. The birdcage worked so I just stowed it and I had covered parking at home and at work. What if it starts raining??? Just speed up a bit and try to hit all the lights LoL!!!

I’d drive it until I found a two door donor car and swap everything. You already have the hens teeth back seat and that’s the hardest part to find.

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe even a VIN swap but, personally, it goes against 100% of my ethics.

It does mine too, but sometimes it's hard not to consider it.

There's a car that's getting a little press right now as a very rare piece and I've been told there's very good reason to suspect the VIN tag was jacked up and another car was driven under it... I won't say who or what, but it's a fairly recent... ummmm... build.

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
As long as the Vermont loophole exists, I won't need to swap any numbers. I'm pretty sure I'll be using that route in a matter of months.

Rustyrodknocker

Reaction score
Oh my God look what I found mabe there is hope View attachment 439817

This car is rare because its a 4 speed mopar that has been sitting derelict but it still has the motor and trans unlike all the other derelicts.
I say it is with in reason for the average guy if he is a focused one project guy. The best money spent would be on a real decent donor. Painfully maybe, even a nice turn key driver. At the end of the project it's not that much money compared to years and endless hours of chasing endless stuff. Something with a good interior would jump that project way forward.
You will be left with the skeleton of what was once a good car but really that's what you have now. I would rather see a run of the mill car sitting than that car. Either way. We don't know where you are in the cost. But if your in ok, its money in a savings.
With that low of production numbers there are people out there that will take it on.

Reaction score
If you decide to sell it in Toto, I may be interested.
I think that I could make it work with combining the 67 Fury 2 door hardtop and this car...

67-Fury

Reaction score
Full sized 4 speed convertible is just to unusual and rare to scrap i feel. I think I have only seen 2 other examples of a car like this.

20210219_094258.jpg
20210219_094314.jpg
20210219_094417.jpg

Fury Man Van

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Update, I have decided that if I can save the engine I will put her back together. So I started a photo Guarge and I will be looking for a donor parts car

65sporty

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
If you save it, please start a build thread or post it's progress here. I love following projects like this.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The kicker is that it is a factory 4 speed convertible. All else is secondary. It will cost the same to restore as any other similar car, but, "when the top goes done-the value goes up". Still a labor of love.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The body looks decent without seeing what's underneath. Floor pans can come out of most C body's of the era and even reproduction B body pans can be made to work. Do most of the work yourself and you may break even. beats a savings account.