To file or not to file..

furyus 67

Reaction score
IWondering about this imperfection in the cast rear main cap. Am I over thinking this or should I file that down to prevent future leaks? Thanks
IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

use your own judgement. if it looks iffy file it down. I like to clean up or file any areas of a motor I think needs it. it helps to prevent cracks from occurring. the smoother the better.

use your own judgement. if it looks iffy file it down. I like to clean up or file any areas of a motor I think needs it. it helps to prevent cracks from occurring. the smoother the better.
That first sentence says it all! I don't like it. Gonna file it!
Filing aint gunna hurt it, or you can buy more silicone and sanjay goopta it again.
Sanjay goopta???? I was drinking when I read that! Never been a fan of the stuff lol! Filing it is !

If it's off the engine, I'd file it down. If it's still mounted, I'd leave it alone. No sense getting filings in the engine. The gasket is forgiving enough.

That's not saying to take it off. Since that's the rear main seal, I wouldn't touch it if it's not leaking.

If it's off the engine, I'd file it down. If it's still mounted, I'd leave it alone. No sense getting filings in the engine. The gasket is forgiving enough.

That's not saying to take it off. Since that's the rear main seal, I wouldn't touch it if it's not leaking.
That gasket gave me **** from the git lol!

To file or not to file..
I thought this was about your taxes!!!:D

Get this stuff from your dealer, you can get it in a caulk tube as well. There's nothing stickier!

IMG_2398.JPG

Back