For Sale Today's 1974 Formal Fishing Trip on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone painted this rare anniversary Imp the wrong damn color. 1 of 57. All 57 of them were painted Y4 Golden Fawn.

00f0f_lIqKnacQrIC_600x450.jpg

I have never seen that interior in a Formal.

Wrong color/material, etc.

Totally wrong interior for the 57 anniversary Imp's.

Did whoever did this realize how rare this Imp was???

Don't get me wrong....I have modified my 78 NYB....but it was one step from being a Derby victim when I got it.

Imperial-LeBaron-Crown-Coupe-Google-Chrome-10192014-93414-AM.bmp.jpg

I have never seen that interior in a Formal.

Wrong color/material, etc.

Totally wrong interior for the 57 anniversary Imp's.

Did whoever did this realize how rare this Imp was???

Don't get me wrong....I have modified my 78 NYB....but it was one step from being a Derby victim when I got it.

View attachment 121071

Bob, you'd know better than I, but it sure looks like ALLOT of effort was placed on the color change, if in fact it had one. Under hood looks black and the interior is ALL black too. That black / gray interior wouldn't go with the Golden Fawn OE would it? Just my 2 cents.

Bob, you'd know better than I, but it sure looks like ALLOT of effort was placed on the color change, if in fact it had one. Under hood looks black and the interior is ALL black too. That black / gray interior wouldn't go with the Golden Fawn OE would it? Just my 2 cents.

Bob, I stand corrected.. I didn't see and just read the article stating the facts you mentioned..The car does look good in black, but it should've remained it's original Golden Fawn.. IMO.

I was gonna scam that guy on the last one in commando's list, but looks like the seller prohibits it. Outfoxed me. Dang.

Bob, I stand corrected.. I didn't see and just read the article stating the facts you mentioned..The car does look good in black, but it should've remained it's original Golden Fawn.. IMO.

I agree it looks nice in black.....

But 1 of 57.

Oh well!

Maybe an early build and the assembly line was still sorting out some problems. lol
This car's a funny one. The car has obviously had paint/parts work done years ago, and at different times. Could be a NY that got in a pileup and got Nupe nose and taillights/bumper, but how often did the Formal Nupes come with skirts? It's a different quarterpanel on a skirtless Nupe. The driver fender looks like there is a full Chrysler New Yorker badge missing, too. And all the NY trim. And what is the small badge on the C-pillar, the Chrysler coat-of-arms thingy from a NY?

My guess is a minor fenderbender on the driverside and someone 'customized' this car with the rest of the NY trim from a parts car. Done years ago when it was possible to find a complete Formal in a JY and get all the trim/clips off of 1 car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back