Took a Drive!

Snotty

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Decided to take a drive in my Newport last Friday on my day off. I did and had a satisfying trip!

I took the 99 from Chico to Red Bluff. Then took the 36 west into the hills. I had been east on the 36, but not west. That's a nice drive of rolling hills and curvy road! I eventually hit the 3, and stayed on it north until the 299. Went east on the 299 to the 5 in Redding. Took the 5 to Corning, crossed back to the 99, and then home again. 279 miles! Went above 3000 feet 3 times. The temperature changes were fun!

This was the first time I attempted a long drive in my Newport since it shut down on me 2 years ago. I didn't know how it would do, or if I would need a tow back (I had experienced electrical shut-down.) It made it fine with no problems. Thank you Lord! Had the top down the entire way. Listening to the dual exhaust hum was music to my ears!

Great day! Great circuit to drive!
20170317_132212.jpg
20170317_132222.jpg

A CHP going the opposite direction really stared me down on Highway 3. I thought he would turn back and pull me over for not having a front plate. He didn't. I had my DMV receipt in my glove box, just in case!

That's a motivating story........ Jazabelle is coming out in a week or so and I plan to replace the P/B booster and master cylinder. Then...... A trip to Mobile for the Mopars at the Battleship show.

So jealous. My 65 Yorker and I are restoring her interior. Hope to get it out by the summer

Nice story and congrats the car did so well.:thumbsup:

Listening to the dual exhaust hum was music to my ears!

That is the reason I haven't put a stereo in my Fury.

Last edited:
That's a motivating story........ Jazabelle is coming out in a week or so and I plan to replace the P/B booster and master cylinder. Then...... A trip to Mobile for the Mopars at the Battleship show.

Will.. I'll have my dad swing by and meet you guys, he's a Car nut like the rest of us. I'll have him look for the admiral.

Back