Took a little time out from the car today.

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
For years I have been wanting to do this, today seamed like a good of time as any.
13000 ft, go!
2016-02-06_01.jpg

2016-02-06_02.jpg

OK, enough fun, back to working on the car.

Alan

As a pilot of a small aircraft, I, as well as many other pilots, have to wonder, why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

LOL HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!

As a pilot of a small aircraft, I, as well as many other pilots, have to wonder, why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

Yep....I'm a ground pounder.

I'm not jumping out of nothing!

Spot any junkyards from up there ?
There are only 2 within 25 miles and one of them is in the first picture although you wouldn't kno it if you saw it.

I had a great time. The funny thing is my brother had gone through the full jump school about 25 years ago and he is a pilot, yes they joked about him being the first pilot they ever had.

Now it's time to go base jumping!
Nope, this was good enough. Heck I wouldn't even do a bungee jump.

What does it feel like? I am wanting to try it now.
I don't know if I could explain it in a way that would illustrate the experience. They use a drag shoot on the tandem jumps to lessen the stress on the equipment when the pull the cord, with that the free-fall is slowed to about 150 mph. You are in free-fall for about 40 seconds, not sure maybe over about 5000 feet. Once the shoot opens you are along for the ride and the view is something that can't be matched. The fun part was being able to take control for a little while.

Alan

One day, I'm gonna jump out of a perfectly good airplane, too. I only need to experience it once, then I'll move on to the next thing on the list!

Back