Took a trip to Hemming Motor News Bennington, VT

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
We had a last minute decision to take a weekend trip to Hemming Motor News this past weekend.

We have a great drive along Route #20 east from Buffalo as far as Albany then up around onto the #7/9.

It's a beautiful little town.
We got there Thursday evening and prepped for the Friday evening cruise in special Friday the 13th event.

Friday morning we saw that a Sugar Shack was displaying Norman Rockwell prints so we took the trip to see that during the day into Arlington, VT on the #7 north - Very cool to see even though it is a small by-way business.

So back to the HMN event, it was a great turn out & we met some very friendly people there.
There were even a few C-bodies representing as well!:thumbsup:

We did the tour of the garage before things got going which was a short but interesting collection of old historic vehicles.
first, the museum photos

IMG_5424.JPG
IMG_5426.JPG
IMG_5429.JPG
IMG_5432.JPG
IMG_5434.JPG
IMG_5437.JPG
IMG_5439.JPG
IMG_5443.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG

Finally according to a Hemming employee this Buick was purchased locally
Driven until 1936 then sent to the scrap yard
On it’s way someone saved it from the crusher by paying $12 for it and stored it for another 50 years before selling it to Hemming Motor News

E23DD366-70AE-4563-9402-26EE25FDE9D4.jpeg

Was planning to go to this show one night. I went on their website to see if it was still on, I think they said the weather was going to be bad. It was sunny. Cruise was canceled due to road construction in front of their headquarters:mad::wtf::BangHead:..

I like the Hemmings A-100 pick-up in the earlier pictures !

Was planning to go to this show one night. I went on their website to see if it was still on, I think they said the weather was going to be bad. It was sunny. Cruise was canceled due to road construction in front of their headquarters:mad::wtf::BangHead:..
Got to hate the road crews making life better for us! LOL!

mr. fix it. Great pics. Boo, Chevy's and Ford's. Gorgeous looking cars though. Glad to see the C-bodies represent. What's the little black and silver car with red interior in the showroom?

mr. fix it. Great pics. Boo, Chevy's and Ford's. Gorgeous looking cars though. Glad to see the C-bodies represent. What's the little black and silver car with red interior in the showroom?
It's a 1939 American Bantam.
Powered with an 22 HP engine!
was produced from 1930 until 1941
Here's a video of a recent club meet.

upload_2019-3-18_12-44-58.png

Ah ha. Really really cool. I know Bantam made tractors but not cars. Just letting you know, the first cruise-in for 2019 starts May 16. :thankyou::thumbsup:

Back