Took the Redhead to work today

superfragl

Reaction score
80 degrees today. Could not resist.
DSCN0332.JPG

Nice! I've enjoyed following your work. Awesome to see it pay off.

I'm a tad jealous!

Been seeing a few old cars scooting around up north here....wish I had time and money to get the wagon out this year. But new shop comes first.....next year I will get it out!

Thanks for all replies! I really enjoy driving my Fury, especially with that new Hemi.
I was a little worried about coolant temps on my way home, but I think it`s ok. With 3.55 rear gears it spins at 3200 RPM on the highway (75MPH) and the coolant temp stayed between 208-210 °F (manual calls for 205 as normal operating temp).
I get off the highway, coming off the ramp I hit the pedal, the engine revs up to 4000 RPM and I see the coolant temp immediately goes to 218°F. Electric fan kicked in and within 30 sec coolant temp was down to 212 (and I thought my old 440 was running hot at 200..)
Later I checked stock Hemi PCM and it is configured to turn the fans on at 226°F (my fan is not controlled by PCM), so I think it is fine.

I have been thinking about it. 727 was the easiest thing to fit behind the Hemi. 518 will fit, but controlling the OD and lock up is another story. Plus the cross member...
For now I will be putting lower gears. I have a nice 3.23 set. Also have 2.76 third member. Not sure if 3.23 will be any different from what I have now...

Back