Top 20 Mopar Musclecars--Including C-bods!

I'm less familiar with the later cars, especially the really low-production Darts, etc., only thing I THINK is "off" is calling the '55 Chrysler 300 a "C-300," which I don't THINK was used until the later re-issue. Seems reasonably well researched, whoever edited it has fairly good grammar, the photos are nice, and they use what seem to be pretty authentic cars in their photos.

Having owned a 68 Dart with a 340 (from 72 to 78), I have dreams of owning an LO23 car.

But it's not so good as a daily driver....:rofl:

Seems reasonably well researched, whoever edited it has fairly good grammar, the photos are nice, and they use what seem to be pretty authentic cars in their photos.

You're spot on with that observation. Most of these "list" sites read like a grade-schooler stuck it together with nonsensical stuff grabbed off the web.

I'm less familiar with the later cars, especially the really low-production Darts, etc., only thing I THINK is "off" is calling the '55 Chrysler 300 a "C-300," which I don't THINK was used until the later re-issue. Seems reasonably well researched, whoever edited it has fairly good grammar, the photos are nice, and they use what seem to be pretty authentic cars in their photos.

There were some incorrect "facts" in that article.... I think the research was lacking..
Trace 300, I drove a Hemi powered Dart on the street for many years.. :D:D

Not sure why the they chose to use a digital Sport FURY GT?

There were some incorrect "facts" in that article.... I think the research was lacking..
Trace 300, I drove a Hemi powered Dart on the street for many years.. :D:D

Yes, agreed, some of the facts are a bit of a stretch. The AAR didn't have a "plastic" hood, and the Hurst didn't have a 395hp 440.

Did you drive an LO car on the street, or a transplant (not that there's anything wrong at all with that!)? I was heavily involved in the street racing scene in DC in the mid-70s to mid-80s, and there was a Hemi Dart street car with the name "RAID" lettered on the side. I doubt it was an LO, but....wasn't paying attention to that sort of thing back then.

Not sure why the they chose to use a digital Sport FURY GT?
It's what could be quickly grabbed off the Interweb. Same with the pic of the Hurst....it's all over the place, and that's from a car that was for sale a while back.

These "best of" lists are essentially clickbait. But since it's about Mopars I thought I'd post it....for fun.

Won a few bets when I had this one.( The experts would tell me , you know they never made those) Still trying to track it down.
DSC06549.JPG
DSC00046.JPG
DSC06108.JPG

That list is silly. Race cars are not lowly muscle cars. The Baddest muscle cars are the A12 cars period. No engine options, not rear end ratio options, just stripped down and set up for fast.
The only King above that is the same basic car with a Hemi.

Yes, agreed, some of the facts are a bit of a stretch. The AAR didn't have a "plastic" hood, and the Hurst didn't have a 395hp 440.

Did you drive an LO car on the street, or a transplant (not that there's anything wrong at all with that!)? I was heavily involved in the street racing scene in DC in the mid-70s to mid-80s, and there was a Hemi Dart street car with the name "RAID" lettered on the side. I doubt it was an LO, but....wasn't paying attention to that sort of thing back then.

Welll,, actuallly,, the T/A and AAR did have plastic hoods... FRP which is Fiber Reinforced Plastic..
Otherwise known as fiberglass... :D:D

My Dart is a LS23H8,, original 383 car... After the 383 got destroyed plop'd in 440's.... Then in late
70's in went a hemi.. Then around 1978 in went the supercharged Hemi.. That stayed in till early 90's
then dump'd in a stock hemi... My last two street racers were a '70 Challenger with a 440+6 and the
last one was a '70 Hemi 'cuda... Sadly have not street raced in last ten years.... :( No longer have
either of those two now...

Welll,, actuallly,, the T/A and AAR did have plastic hoods... FRP which is Fiber Reinforced Plastic..
Otherwise known as fiberglass... :D:D

My Dart is a LS23H8,, original 383 car... After the 383 got destroyed plop'd in 440's.... Then in late
70's in went a hemi.. Then around 1978 in went the supercharged Hemi.. That stayed in till early 90's
then dump'd in a stock hemi... My last two street racers were a '70 Challenger with a 440+6 and the
last one was a '70 Hemi 'cuda... Sadly have not street raced in last ten years.... :( No longer have
either of those two now...
Yep. I totally agree. I had an AAR for 12 or 13 years as a daily driver. I sold it in the early 90’s when it finally broke in half, ( Maryland car ). That hood and the rear spoiler we’re total pieces of crap. Love all the darts ‘66 thru ‘69. I only had 340 and 360s in my Darts, sadly no big blocks for me. I could never bring myself to run fender well headers on a daily driver. Please throw up a pic of that sucker from back in it’s salad days. Sounds like an awesome Dart. Love to see it.

Still have the Dart?

I get to stuff a big block in my '67 Dart this year, with headers pointing the right direction! So glad there's options today.
No joke. Back in the eighties it was a dog eat dog world. I looked into D Dart headers in the 90’s for my ‘66. Too much $$$. It had a surplus MP circle track 360 crate engine with a street cam swapped in. Those manifolds sure strangled that poor thing. Still a rocket ship. My Daily thru most of the 90’s.

F8D0ACE0-CD47-40A1-923F-545A6CCF0BDF.png

That little kids at ASU now...

No joke. Back in the eighties it was a dog eat dog world. I looked into D Dart headers in the 90’s for my ‘66. Too much $$$. It had a surplus MP circle track 360 crate engine with a street cam swapped in. Those manifolds sure strangled that poor thing. Still a rocket ship. My Daily thru most of the 90’s.

View attachment 269749

That little kids at ASU now...
That engines would be a beast in that car!

That engines would be a beast in that car!
LoL !!! I went thru 2 904s and a 7incher rear axle before I finally put a 8 3/4 w 355s in it. I sold it to buy a house before I could 4 speed it. Only car out of the whole bunch I regret selling. Dumb move letting it go.

Here’s an old pic of my car’s crappy chopper gun hood. It was super warped when I first got the car. I left it in the back yard while I was gone for the whole summer with cinder blocks on the hood. In the scorching Az summer it sure flattened out pretty good. It was so pitted and crazed after a few washes it would look like hell so we’d just re krylon semi gloss it. Somebody told me there were metal bars along the sides of the hood that would eventually bend. Not that I could ever tell so if they were in there they hid them really good. Then again the hood never broke off when it popped open while driving. Happened all the time, a constant victim of stolen hood pins.

AEC1A8FE-48FF-4B5C-9126-567EEB19A8C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back