Top Gun 2020

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable video!

Bad *** Blue Angel fighter pilot flying a few feet off the ground. See the dust rooster tails swirling as the F18 Super Hornet blasts by. No trick photography here!

They filmed a bunch of that out on the base. They were pretty tight about what you could see up close but my buddy saw some of the fly bys. NOBODY takes pics out there. Looks cool.

:thankyou:for posting as I absolutely loved the original movie. Probably watched it 5 or more times. Seriously looking forward to this new one, hope it is as good or better than the original. With what I hear though (if I remember right), the new movie is delayed and will not be shown on time or something like that with the virus.

That was freakin' awesome to watch those fly overs with the plane being so damn low to the film crew though. Gotta be pretty cool but pretty damn scary and dangerous at the same time. :)

I live less than 5 miles from Luke Air Force Base and every other year they have Luke Days which is a big open house. Most years the air show features the Thunderbirds but a few times it's been the Blue Angels. No matter, they are both an unbelievable treat to watch. I get a front row seat from my house for 3 days straight. I tried to post a video but it's too big.

I live less than 5 miles from Luke Air Force Base and every other year they have Luke Days which is a big open house. Most years the air show features the Thunderbirds but a few times it's been the Blue Angels. No matter, they are both an unbelievable treat to watch. I get a front row seat from my house for 3 days straight. I tried to post a video but it's too big.

around 1973 or 74, the Blue Angels were at Pt. Mugu, flying F-4 Phantoms. When they flew over the stands at near Mach 1, the stands shook. Just incredible. I was in awe.

55A3699C-6B48-48A8-B031-73C3A028315C.jpeg

Back