Torqstorm

JimBog

Reaction score
Anyone here that got experience?
Planing on putting one in my 440. Aluheads (Chinese non brand, same specs as 440source), E-perfomer intake, Hedman 78070 shorty headers TTI 2,5 exhaust, compression will be in the 9:1 - 9,5:1 range, roller cam 224/230 duration @50 and 0,538/0,534 lift 110LSA, Super Sniper 1250 with Hyperspark

Last edited:
My neighbor has one in his Impala (LT1 sbc). He's had it on there for about 2 years now with no issues. What are you specifically asking about it?

Just FYI these types of superchargers make power/boost with RPM. So pretty much no added power down low, but that tends to be easier on transmissions and drive lines.

My neighbor has one in his Impala (LT1 sbc). He's had it on there for about 2 years now with no issues. What are you specifically asking about it?

Just FYI these types of superchargers make power/boost with RPM. So pretty much no added power down low, but that tends to be easier on transmissions and drive lines.

Like to know if anyone have experience from adding to their 440, good and bad

(For a general street car, that cam seems a bit large to use with a supercharger . . .downsize the cam a bit for more lower-rpm power and use the SC for top end power, as the current OEMs seem to be doing.)

(For a general street car, that cam seems a bit large to use with a supercharger . . .downsize the cam a bit for more lower-rpm power and use the SC for top end power, as the current OEMs seem to be doing.)

Ideal would be to have a cam with more LSA, can't find one so might go with a custom grind Bullet cam

Anyone here that got experience?
Planing on putting one in my 440. Aluheads (Chinese non brand, same specs as 440source), E-perfomer intake, Hedman 78070 shorty headers TTI 2,5 exhaust, compression will be in the 9:1 - 9,5:1 range, roller cam 224/230 duration @50 and 0,538/0,534 lift 110LSA, Super Sniper 1250 with Hyperspark
I really don’t care for your choice of heads more than anything else.:usflag:

Ideal would be to have a cam with more LSA, can't find one so might go with a custom grind Bullet cam

I have a procharger on my 496 stroker. Had a custom cam ground by erson cams with a 112lsa. Heard torqstorm has a really good reputation and have had alot of happy people that haven't had issues. That's the best way to go I think when supercharged our big cars. Very unsuspecting and you don't have a bunch of pipe plumbing and don't have to cut your hood.

I have a procharger on my 496 stroker. Had a custom cam ground by erson cams with a 112lsa. Heard torqstorm has a really good reputation and have had alot of happy people that haven't had issues. That's the best way to go I think when supercharged our big cars. Very unsuspecting and you don't have a bunch of pipe plumbing and don't have to cut your hood.
Thx for your reply. The cam I have ain't ideal, but not really bad either according to Torqstorm when I messaged them. Think I'll stick with what I have and save a few bucks. Fast reply from Torqstorm btw, great service as many customers I've seen written about

Hi Matt,
What big block aluminum heads do you recommend for a street car?
I can’t think of any reason that I wouldn’t use a good old iron head on the street, the same iron heads that have been dominating the streets for over 60 years.

I can’t think of any reason that I wouldn’t use a good old iron head on the street, the same iron heads that have been dominating the streets for over 60 years.
OK. I'm not really close to doing anything with the 400 I'm going to build. I'll keep researching.

I'll put aluminum heads on to save weight, but it's for my Dart. I figure I'll be within 20 pounds or so of a small block with a manifold and water pump and housing also. I didn't see much performance increase when I had them in my Polara, but it was a smidgen quicker. Or maybe it was just me.

I would run your cam if it is in the car right now. Your cam doesn't have a lot of duration which helps. You only have 7 degree's of overlap. You probably have it installed with 4 degrees of advance too which is good. Run the cam I say. Besides if your EFI can run on that cam I think you will be ok.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on this as well. The Torqstorm superchargers don't make anywhere near the boost levels that other centrifugal superchargers make, but they will make more than you need. 8lbs will put you somewhere in the mid-ish 600's i'd guess for power with your combo. And its better for your engine than a roots blower because it makes power at a higher RPM so your engine is seeing peak cylinder pressure for less time.

I would just tear your engine down and check your ring gap and slap it back together. Might seem like a pain but that is what I would do personally. I would rather go through a pain in the butt than shuck out some dough for a rebuild.

edit: I would call and verify the length of that crank pulley and make sure it will work in your application.

Last edited:
OP, I would also seriously consider Paxton's NOVI 1500 kit. Their centrifugal supercharger is worth 150 more CFM. There are some guys that have complained over on FBBonly that Torqstorms kit only makes a few pounds of boost out of the box and they were not happy. They are rated at 1250 CFM while the NOVI 1500 is worth 1400 CFM. This is why you see Torqstorm with duel supercharger kits. Their units don't push a lot of CFM. Not that an extra 150cfm is that much more but it is something to consider.

Paxton claims 5-6lbs on a modified with their stock pulleys @6000rpm. If you want more you will have to over drive that head-unit more. The same with the Torqstorm. And if you run an intercooler your boost will drop even more. Something to consider.

Back