Torque straps from Schumacher...

66SportFury

Reaction score
Why is it, that every time you see a new part for Mopars, they never make it for C Body's? This would be perfect for any of us. Is there someone here that could make these? It seems the design is pretty simple. If I had a welder I would give it a shot. I just don't know where I would get the threaded tubing and ball ends and I'm sure they use heavy duty steel for all the parts. I'm tempted to just buy this one and come up with my own design to make it work. What do you guys think? I'm sorry, but I can't see spending over $270 for mounts. That's ridiculous in my opinion when you can use one of these for $75 bucks.

image.jpg

If your game, I can get you detailed pictures of my setup and measurements and a basic drawing of it. I'd have to mock it up somehow. I did email them to ask if they would consider making them, but I would think not.

What at type steel do you think it is? I remember seeing those ball ends on go-carts and also the adjustable rod too for the front end tie rods on go-carts. Might be something that can be used? If so, then the only thing that would be needed is the bushing end and mounting plate.

Last edited:
Just google " Heim Joints ". They can be purchased at tons of places for cheap money.I just looked into this about a week ago.Not sure about the internal threaded tubing but I'm sure it's available.You may even check with your local machine shop or someone that builds roll cages or custom suspensions.

That's just part of C body ownership- making things work. One of the reasons I admire C body restorations so much. You can't build a C body from a catalog.

Good news, I emailed Schumacher and Mike the head of the Tech department got back to me. He said to send him pictures and any other information I can give them and they will start to make them. My car would be the test fit car. Do you guys know if there's a difference in sub frames on C body's from year to year? I would think they would be all the same, but not sure? Also, these would need to be bolt-in, so they need to be universal fit for BB and SB engines.

If somebody posted a pic of this setup as something they fabbed up in their garage, I would say "Wow. Nice job"

For somebody to sell this as a product is an atrocity.
This is unacceptable:

wgpx09.jpg

Good news, I emailed Schumacher and Mike the head of the Tech department got back to me. He said to send him pictures and any other information I can give them and they will start to make them. My car would be the test fit car. Do you guys know if there's a difference in sub frames on C body's from year to year? I would think they would be all the same, but not sure? Also, these would need to be bolt-in, so they need to be universal fit for BB and SB engines.

This is what I keep saying, CALL. They may have it of may do it, unless you ask you'll never know.

Alan

I would like to get one for my Polara too. Thanks 66SportFury for making the call and expressing interest.

If somebody posted a pic of this setup as something they fabbed up in their garage, I would say "Wow. Nice job"

For somebody to sell this as a product is an atrocity.
This is unacceptable:

wgpx09.jpg

My friend has one in his 69 Charger with a 575hp crate engine and the strap works awesome. Keeps the engine in place and is very solid.

And? If you want to limit the movement of the engine, then limit the movement. Else ways it would seem to me urethane mounts would be the way to go. Why add another contraption to the car that's easily handled with proper mounts?

Back in my ignorant youth in the 80s I used a short piece of chain running from an engine bolt to the frame as a "torque strap" when I found out the motor mount on my '70 Sport Satellite 318 was providing a bit more movement than it was supposed to. The chain was functional but it didn't look as cool as a heim joint.

Back