torqueflite push buttons

ratrod69

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on how to mate push button cables from early cast iron torqueflite to late aluminum 727 transmission. The car is a 1960 Fury with a later 440 engine and trans.

Does anyone have info on how to mate push button cables from early cast iron torqueflite to late aluminum 727 transmission. The car is a 1960 Fury with a later 440 engine and trans.

There used to be an adapter mechanism to accomplish this. Do not think it is still in production, but you might try Summit racing or E-Bay. There is a thread about this conversion at www.imperialclub.org/Repair/Transmission/Interchange.htm
It is about half way thru the article that starts with fluid drive conversions. There are also cable shift adapters available to mount a floor shift.

Dave

thanks, I did install an aftermarket floor shifter. My pushbuttons are now "dummies", but I still would connect them if I could.

If I remember correctly, but this was years ago, there is only one cable that actually goes down to the trans. All the "works" of the push buttons was mechanical, right behind the push buttons on the dash and then a single cable ran down to the trans.

Find a donor Tq-Flite and get the cable AND the Tq-Flite from that car.The aluminum Tq-flite came on board starting in '62 and the push buttons were gone starting in '65 and that stuff iz still out there, Jer

i have a 1961 newport. found linkage and bought conversion from imperialservices.net Is there any way you can show or tell me how to secure the cable to the linkage housing so it wont move and fall out of gear?

Back