Tossing the idea around...

IMHO... I've given this advice a few times, after learning it the hard way myself.

It's better to have one or two cars and concentrate just on those two. Even better is to have one that's "done" (yea, I know, they're never done) and then your other car is the project car. Two (or more) project cars, with nothing running and driving, is a formula for burn out.

I have two cars, both run and drive. I've driven both on trips this summer and had a ball. That said, sometimes I think that if I had just one car, it would easier.

IMHO... I've given this advice a few times, after learning it the hard way myself.

It's better to have one or two cars and concentrate just on those two. Even better is to have one that's "done" (yea, I know, they're never done) and then your other car is the project car. Two (or more) project cars, with nothing running and driving, is a formula for burn out.

I have two cars, both run and drive. I've driven both on trips this summer and had a ball. That said, sometimes I think that if I had just one car, it would easier.

I was in worse shape last year. I sold my drivers and had only projects. Now I have 2 that run and drive. 2 that need alot of time, not so much money, and one that needs to not sit outside under a cover anymore.

The only thing the projects are doing is costing me space inside.

I was in worse shape last year. I sold my drivers and had only projects. Now I have 2 that run and drive. 2 that need alot of time, not so much money, and one that needs to not sit outside under a cover anymore.

The only thing the projects are doing is costing me space inside.

Re think that . They are having a bigger effect than taking up space . However whatever drivers you have are also projects, so let's be clear.. Nothing is done and all need attention , some more than others. Some have a higher priority ...
You already have a plan. Given your living arrangements, income position and time you already know what's best. You can not feel pity towards a car that may never be completed, you're not in a position to.
Stick to the plan!

i feel your pain but you do have rare one and i have seen the herd cant save them all iwish could ill be lucky save mine good luck on the conv if inew the was for sale might of took that home its damn close to mine hope tosee you in carliel

You have me debating things now, quit doing that....

We gotta stick together...

FB_IMG_1572228822608.jpg

I want to thank everyone for sharing their wisdom and input with me on this matter.

After a good nights sleep and a busy day with dad at the shop...I feel a little less overwhelmed. The donor is dead and the vert is inside. That really helps...I am thinking of putting the cars together enough to where if they dont end up going anywhere, I can tinker here and there making repairs/upgrades, but if they do, they are easier to move, and I can show everything that is present. Sorta like how the GT came back to looking almost like its former self before it sold. Makes the most sense.

20191027_181159.jpg

20191027_195321.jpg

20191027_194902.jpg

Drive them and fix as you go (winter for larger projects). Otherwise you will be old like me, and then doing what I just mentioned. F#@& that TV gotta have it done to the nines for a reveal. Reveal to who? You have been looking at it for years.
Fix, drive, fix some more.

You are a mind reader.

I've never had more than 2 old vehicles but can imagine having more can get overwhelming fast. I did my work and acquisitions when I hit my mid 40's and onward with a view to having a couple decent vehicles by the time I retired. Mission accomplished. They don't break the bank any more and I drive them regularly. My worry was that I'd lose interest if I didn't have any major work left on them but so far that fear has proved unfounded.

Back