TOTAL BLACKOUT

EL ROHO

Reaction score
Hello Mopar friends,, I have a 66 sport fury. I was taking the fuse block off the metal bracket to look at an exposed wire when the wire touched the bracket sending out a big spark. Now I have absolutely nothing,, engine will not turn over,, no interior lights ,, no head lights,, no tail lights,, nothing. I'm in an 911 state of mind here,, leave in 3 days on a 6 state hot rod trip. PLEASE I need some help.

Just a reminder, its a good idea to disconnect the negstive battery cable during disassembly of electrical components.

Thanks Mr. Monaco I'll try to find it. Any idea about the location of the link? I've been looking under the hood and don't recall seeing this.

That's funny you say that Mr Newport,, I had the negative off for a week while I replaced the carpet [ just left the doors opened having to take it in and out several times and not wanting to run the battery down ] just came back from a drive and didn't like the way the carpet sat around the dimmer switch. Looked up and saw the wire,, never thought about unhooking the battery again.

Thanks Mr. Monaco I'll try to find it. Any idea about the location of the link? I've been looking under the hood and don't recall seeing this.
It'll be in line with a wire coming out of your bulkhead connector. On my 67 its the bottom block, upper far left wire. .. not that I'd necessarily go by that but you get the idea.

That's funny you say that Mr Newport,, I had the negative off for a week while I replaced the carpet [ just left the doors opened having to take it in and out several times and not wanting to run the battery down ] just came back from a drive and didn't like the way the carpet sat around the dimmer switch. Looked up and saw the wire,, never thought about unhooking the battery again.

It's always the quick or rushed jobs that bite me in the ***. Good Luck!

Thanks for all the help. Engine is running,, have headlight s and full set of taillight s. Problem now is only left side brake light s come on and no blinkers. Any ideas???

Could be a couple of things, may have a bad turn signal flasher. What position is the turn signal switch in? If the turn signals are not working and it's up for a right turn you wont have right side brake lights.

Back