Touch up paint pen

boom.operator

Reaction score
Hello,

i am searching for a touch up paint pen for my 1973 Monaco in JY6 Gold Metallic.
I asked for this color at paintscratch.com however they told me that they don´t have the correct formula to mix it.

Do you have any recomandations on other companies i can ask?

Best Regards,
Daniel

Thanks,

but unfortunately same here. JY-9 Dark Gold Poly and Y-6 Gold Poly were available, but no JY-6 :(

Could Y6 and JY6 be the same? Or does Poly mean "non metallic" paint?

A went to a paintshop a few months ago and had my Newport with me. The have a device, a sort of scanner. I believe it's caled a spectrophotometer. They can scan a piece of the car (trunk, hood whatever) and the computer matches the color you want. You can have a pen, rattle can, whatever you want. Worked perfect for me..

Here in Germany (at least in my area) there is no paint shop who offers these old single stage enamel paints.
Why not spend the $20 (basecoat only option) for the Y6 pen and see if it matches?
Yes, however no one ships to Germany, because paint is classified as hazardous material. Therefore i have to ship it to someone in the US who forwards it as a privat person to me. Because of that, i wanted to be pretty sure that ti is the correct color.

FWIW, I've found those paint pens to be expensive and hard to use. They have a very limited shelf life.

Since it's expensive to ship it, IMHO, that would make it even less practical.

For my daily drivers, I've bought small bottles of touch up paint online and used these micro brushes. I use the 1.5 and 2.5 mm versions.

Amazon product ASIN B07JQ8D752

Hobby shops carry them too, but expect to pay quite a bit more per brush.

I've found a lot of uses for the brushes, applying super glue neatly being one. You just toss them when finished.

I'm having a hard time posting the link to the micro brushes. Must be a glitch in the software or something on my end.

Go to Amazon and search for micro brushes. They look like this.

1642775143433.png

For scratches, not bigger areas, Ive had luck painting with toothpicks with the tip broken off just a little. The paint stays in a line and can be compounded down to flat if needed.

Wow, thank you guys a lot. I´ve bought it and let it send to someone in Florida who removed invoic and wrapping and forwards it to me. Wish me luck that it will not be get stuck in customs.

Back