Towing help with a barn find....

Fast Eddie B

Reaction score
.... found a 61 Phoenix. Rolling. Starting (off a gas can). Tires all flat. Sitting 35 years.

Should I just winch it up on my trailer? I have an open 20' tilt with a harbor freight 12,000 lbs winch just never had to use it! I had it for bringing the race car back if blew a motor, not for dragging a flat tired car.

Just be careful where you're pulling from and go slowly.

I think I would attempt to inflate the tires to see if they would hold air long enough to transport the car. It'll be easier to move the car around if the wheels turn freely.

.... found a 61 Phoenix. Rolling. Starting (off a gas can). Tires all flat. Sitting 35 years.

Should I just winch it up on my trailer? I have an open 20' tilt with a harbor freight 12,000 lbs winch just never had to use it! I had it for bringing the race car back if blew a motor, not for dragging a flat tired car.

Yes ..... sounds like a no brainer to me. I've dragged cars out of a garage when the tires wouldn't even turn, with a come-a-long.
Might be wise to try and inflate the tires though. Just a little air and it will roll better.

I will certainly try and inflate.

Anyone know off hand if wheels off a 66 Charger will fit? Charger is a Drum brake car.

Yes ..... sounds like a no brainer to me. I've dragged cars out of a garage when the tires wouldn't even turn, with a come-a-long.
I've dragged them up ramps with a come-a-long. Doable if you don't have a bad heart. Bring chock blocks so it doesn't roll back down half way up... :BangHead:

Last edited:
Bring chock blocks so it doesn't roll back down half way up... :BangHead:
Yep!!
My oldest son had one get away from him. It came off my trailer and into his garage door and bent the crap out of it. One of those 18' double doors too.

Here goes nothing...

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/6063559213.html

01313_eaSofkYr952_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_4OZxEDjq7ME_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_65m4M93t9kR_1200x900.jpg

Back