Town & Country Headliner

Chris. When it came time for the headliner in the Batwagon here'z what 'n how I did it. I used the front 3 bows from two '61 4 door sedanz and welded 1" square 20 gage tabs on both endz of all 6 bowz and spaced 'um 'bout every 15"s front to back and screwed 'um to the roof railz. That way you have the right length bowz in the Long Roof to correctly bridge the width 6 timez. Then I bought 5 yardz of cream colored "rattlesnake" headliner material and found ah stitcher that knew what he waz doing and had him put it together for me. If you're not sure, headliner AND seat fabric per measured yard iz 36"X56" and with 5 yardz you wind up with two pieces 108" for the side to side and two pieces 56" for the front to back" minus the 3" stitching loops every 15" front to back! Ah little pricey by the time you're done but it lookz like Mother did it or shoulda coulda done it when it'z installed. BTW Pal, Theirz one dude on the planet up in the twin cities area goz by the handle of Mopar Mel on the web that doez re-man the cardboard panelz AND the Mylar stripz for the long roofz but get ready to put your 1st born child into life long servitude if you want hiz stuff, Jer

Chris...I've seen that kit as well, and wondered about it.

Jer...Thanks for the info. Will have to copy and paste tit somewhere so i can find it down the road if I need to get a headliner done for my wagon.

Chris. When it came time for the headliner in the Batwagon here'z what 'n how I did it. I used the front 3 bows from two '61 4 door sedanz and welded 1" square 20 gage tabs on both endz of all 6 bowz and spaced 'um 'bout every 15"s front to back and screwed 'um to the roof railz. That way you have the right length bowz in the Long Roof to correctly bridge the width 6 timez. Then I bought 5 yardz of cream colored "rattlesnake" headliner material and found ah stitcher that knew what he waz doing and had him put it together for me. If you're not sure, headliner AND seat fabric per measured yard iz 36"X56" and with 5 yardz you wind up with two pieces 108" for the side to side and two pieces 56" for the front to back" minus the 3" stitching loops every 15" front to back! Ah little pricey by the time you're done but it lookz like Mother did it or shoulda coulda done it when it'z installed. BTW Pal, Theirz one dude on the planet up in the twin cities area goz by the handle of Mopar Mel on the web that doez re-man the cardboard panelz AND the Mylar stripz for the long roofz but get ready to put your 1st born child into life long servitude if you want hiz stuff, Jer

Thanks Jer! I have an upholstery guy who made me a headliner for a 72 Fury wagon but with the amount of material and labor needed to make such a big headliner it cost at least double what this kit costs. I don't really need one right now but if I did I think I'd take a gamble and buy this.

I fixed the sagging cardboard headliner in my 58 Savoy by removing it, getting it wet enough to push back into shape and then let it set and dry with weights on it. Then painted it. Worked great.

I got lucky with the General, just a little sag in the boards, so I plan on trying the trick again.

Back