Trans cooler lines to radiator

IMHO beg ,borrow,or steal a flaring tool,practice using it on some scrap line you will use it again and again.It is one of the satisfying things to put a nice flare on.The less joints you have the less chance you have for a leak.$13.00 bucks at China freight might save ya $20 in atf

He better practice a lot as those cheap sets are just that. Used similar once and realized it took 3-4 tries to get one truly good flare. Now with changing my truck over to a dual master with power assist I need to make all new brake lines. I'm using hydraulic this time.

Got her done today. Pretty easy to get the trans lines to fit. I did however drill holes in the mount for the upper bolts. Otherwise fits pretty okay. My fan/shroud combo looks horrible and depending on that cools in the summer will be replaced too. I also took out the 160° thermostat for a 180°

DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

Last edited:
Can you close the hood? I mounted a Champion like that (drilling new upper holes) and ended up having to lower it to the upper holes they had and drilling new lower holes.

Alan

That's the first thing I checked haha. Yeah, closes just fine, it's not any taller than the original.

Got her done today. Pretty easy to get the trans lines to fit. I did however drill holes in the mount for the upper bolts. Otherwise fits pretty okay. My fan/shroud combo looks horrible and depending on that cools in the summer will be replaced too. I also took out the 160° thermostat for a 180°View attachment 121906View attachment 121907
What model champion? How has it held up over time?

Back