Transmission Mount and Crossmember

clair.davis

Reaction score
The engine and trans are out of the car now, and I'm cleaning up as much crud as I can and replacing worn/broken bits and pieces as I go. I've never dealt with a C-body transmission cross member before - does everything here look like it should?
34728734383_a80dbc1d13_c.jpg
Engine_and_Transmission_Details by clair_davis, on Flickr

Specifically, is the curve in the end of the crossmember correct? Seems like it was meant to be that way, but I don't have anything to compare to.
34728734303_5277fa524c_c.jpg

The mount itself appears to have moved on to greener pastures some time ago...
35407854251_780afb11b0_c.jpg

Is a stock-type rubber replacement OK for the transmission, or is there a better option out there? Not sure I want a hard polyurethane mount, but would like something fairly secure if I happen to pound on the car from time to time. I've got DynaTech MityMounts for the engine already, so that end of the drivetrain should be secure.

Thanks!

Clair

OK....

I guess I can start with the $3.50 Anchor part until I get some feedback on other options...

Stan, since this topic has been brought up, I'm in need of one for my 75 trans cross member mount.. can you point me in the right direction for an OE replacement?
New aftermarket ones are available from the auto stores but they are cheaply made from India but it still held up fine even behind my 4 spd which really thrashed it.

Back