Transmission mount

Straight eight

Reaction score
Hi guys,
the subject is a 1973 Chrysler New Yorker. I have a slight vibration at 40-50mph....looked today at the transmission mount and it is shot. I wanted to order a new one from "Rockauto" but was a little bit confused: there is a trans mount with two brackets...and the other one has only one????
https://www.rockauto.com/de/catalog...ransmission-automatic,transmission+mount,8616
Can someone clarify if both are working. On my car there it seems to me that there is only one bracket....but has not 4 holes for the attaching screws....seems like it is a mishmash of both? Attached are two pictures from "Rockauto"
Thank you so far, Marco

a2340__ra_p.jpg

PC_622340_Rig__ra_p.jpg

My 69 used the second one.
Look at your car and see if it has the holes for the extra bracket, someone may have put the wrong one in years ago.
If not get the style that matches your existing one.

Alan

@Straight eight -- I will be replacing the trans mount on Ming, my '73 NYB. For Medina, my '71 Monaco, I got a Prothane that should also fit Ming. Which one did you buy, and have you been happy with it?

Don't buy a current aftermarket mount because they are 5 star garbage. Take your old mount bracket and use a urethane insert. Anchor brand is good for using on a golf cart.

Don't buy a current aftermarket mount because they are 5 star garbage. Take your old mount bracket and use a urethane insert. Anchor brand is good for using on a golf cart.
Anchor brand mounts available through O'Reilly Auto Parts or Advance Auto Parts. I have Anchor brand OEM quality trans mounts and have had no problems.

Back