Trim Clips

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am removing front and rear screens when my New Yorker goes in for paint, what is the correct clips for the stainless molds around the front and rear screens, including the lower one on front screen.
Are the ones pictured correct ??
Also how many do i need.
Regards
Gavin.

s-l1600.jpg

I too will need molding clips for my '68 FuryII 4-door sedan.
I just bought a new windshield and looked high and low to find the correct gasket. Didn't dawn on me that my clips will most likely be toast. I looked at 521 Restorations' site and it didn't look like they offered anything for my 4 door sedan.
Any leads, anybody?

When you get your screens out,remove a clip from front and rear for reference.
Guessing now is OK but not the best idea.
The front ones should be the same,however the rears can be different depending on hardtop or sedan.
Depending on year,make and model,there were some mid year changes,etc to some window trim and clips as well.

Au-ve-co makes the clips which are supplied by majors parts stores.
But being in Austrailia,they do ship internationally.
Here is a link to their site and check their FAQ regarding international shipping and on line catalogue..
Homepage
Dealing with them directly takes out the "middle" man so I hope they treat you fair in pricing.
Hope this helps

eBay but depends on what model you have.

View attachment 348275
Hey Terry,
I didn't find anything for my yr, model on Ebay. Plenty of screws though. thanks for the thought!
Who knows, maybe the clips will be reusable? First time windshield has been removed, hard to imagine those things wont' be rusted away.

When you get your screens out,remove a clip from front and rear for reference.
Guessing now is OK but not the best idea.
The front ones should be the same,however the rears can be different depending on hardtop or sedan.
Depending on year,make and model,there were some mid year changes,etc to some window trim and clips as well.

Au-ve-co makes the clips which are supplied by majors parts stores.
But being in Austrailia,they do ship internationally.
Here is a link to their site and check their FAQ regarding international shipping and on line catalogue..
Homepage
Dealing with them directly takes out the "middle" man so I hope they treat you fair in pricing.
Hope this helps
I agree, guessing now is not ideal.. My dilemma is that I'm in California and my car is in Mexico. I gotta come up with something to bring with me otherwise nearly impossible (well that's not true; prohibitively expensive) to ship items down. I don't think I can wait for Intl. shipping but thanks for the thought! I'll make a few calls today.

Anybody familiar with window replacement- any chance I can get away with the original/existing clips?

Anybody familiar with window replacement- any chance I can get away with the original/existing clips?
The best way to determine the condition of your clips is after the glass is removed.

You can cut the rubber gasket and pull the windshield out yourself.
But make sure you can get a replacement gasket before cutting the original.
This way if the glass is still good it can be re-used.
I strongly recommend installation done by a professional that knows how to do old style rubber gaskets which require the use of a rope and rubber mallet.

I too will need molding clips for my '68 FuryII 4-door sedan.
I just bought a new windshield and looked high and low to find the correct gasket. Didn't dawn on me that my clips will most likely be toast. I looked at 521 Restorations' site and it didn't look like they offered anything for my 4 door sedan.
Any leads, anybody?
Jeff at 521 was very helpful when I called him for some clips. If you have the original p/n he knew what replacement you needed.
Get the trim off and look your old clips. Many still may be usable.

Jeff at 521 was very helpful when I called him for some clips. If you have the original p/n he knew what replacement you needed.
Get the trim off and look your old clips. Many still may be usable.
"Many still may be usable"-- I just wanted to hear that:). I did in fact contact 521 but may have worded my email wrong asking for a "trim kit" for my Fury. I just wrote back saying I am looking for the "clips" and hopefully that clears the smoke.
Thanks for the reply.
Once I'm down with the car it will be Mexican engineering or whatever I provide those guys. (my car is in Mexico, I'm in the US). Pretty sure they don't have a word for Plymouth. They're pretty rare down there. Toyota, Ford all day long. But and especially an older rig, Plymouth not well supported. Just trying to obtain any and all proprietary parts I may need to swap the windshield.

Back