WANTED trim clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, looking for trim clips for the grille trim on my 71 T&C. Pics below. thanks

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Hmmm... I'm not sure why I was tagged on this thread, as I have no stock on clips like that, nor have I ever, nor will I ever. :)

However, Mike Madden ( @Zymurgy ) might be able to help with reproductions, and others here on the board will have suggestions as where to search.

Unfortunately I have tried to make something of a similar size, the urethane resin I use doesn't do well with that type of clip. I have gone up the shore hardness scale with a different product but then it is brittle.

I would try Mr Gs Mr. G's Enterprises - Home Page

Hmmm... I'm not sure why I was tagged on this thread, as I have no stock on clips like that, nor have I ever, nor will I ever. :)

However, Mike Madden ( @Zymurgy ) might be able to help with reproductions, and others here on the board will have suggestions as where to search.
Thanks for replying. I thought of you when he asked about clips.

I would think some of the universal type would work.

Moulding Fasteners
I agree, when I see a clip for the first time like this one, it usually means that there is a universal one which will work. It could be a totally different style. Seems like there were wire clips which might work in this area.

Well after realizing those are likely unobtainium i went to the local hardware store. They had dome push type fasteners, almost the smallest size, that work well. Thanks to all for the response.

Well after realizing those are likely unobtainium i went to the local hardware store. They had dome push type fasteners, almost the smallest size, that work well. Thanks to all for the response.
That is great even better finding a local source. Share what you used, so others might benefit from your solution.

Of course. They are just push in trim fasteners. I took a piece of the trim with me to test fit. The heads are just the right diameter to hold in the rail.

1666462255290.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back