Trunk Display For Car Shows

NewportTM

Reaction score
When we show the 66 Newport, I place some 60`s luggage in the trunk. People love it. Two weeks ago at a show a gentleman came up to me and said "the only thing missing in your trunk is a hair dryer" he then says "I`ll be right back". About 10 minutes goes by and he shows up with an old hair dryer and says "here, take this" I placed it in the trunk with the luggage and everyone got a laugh. So what do you think about my trunk display?
IMG_0099.jpgIMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

I love it, we had that exact same luggage when I was a kid. Brings back a load of memories for me! Thanks !

I do not open my trunk on car shows.
I prefer to show it with closed hood, doors and trunk. Gives you a better way to enjoy the design of a car in my opinion

I do not open my trunk on car shows.
I prefer to show it with closed hood, doors and trunk. Gives you a better way to enjoy the design of a car in my opinion

I am with Carsten on this one. However this display is a unique set up though I have seen it done before. The hair dryer compliments the luggage well.

i couldnt agree more . keep your luggage at home. lets see the car . crap in the trunk or back seat pisses me off when looking at a nice restoration. just my opinion.

I'll take it another direction. I take along a cooler with food and drink and most importantly TOOLS. The assortment will fill a milk crate plus a socket set, jumper pack, a portable jack and tire plug kit. I also found at a thrift store a former firemans red strobe light. If I get stuck on the side of the road, maybe I can fix it but no way do I want to get hit. If I had room, my Mom's former three piece ribbed luggage set from 1949 era is what I would take along.

I hate the damn "crying boy/girl" dolls at car shows! Makes me want to want to do a power brake over the friggin head of said doll...and the car owner. I'm just not a huge fan of "props" on a car at a show. It detracts from the car itself. Things like a drive-in food tray with fake food, giant stuffed animals of any kind, and display of trophies the owner could've just as easily have bought himself versus won at a show, are all crap. So are drive-in speakers on a stand. And surfboards on a "surf wagon" car (any wagon these days!) that is 500 miles from the nearest ocean beach plain nauseate me!

Displaying period accessories, like the luggage, is different. It actually relates to the car.

There was a local guy that had one of those dolls... Every once in a while when some unsuspecting person would be standing there looking... He would yell... "Get off my car kid" and go over and kick the doll.

Good times....

Some luxury cars had as an option luggage to match the car. Now that is cool to have the original luggage set.

Posted via Topify on Android

I'll take it another direction. I take along a cooler with food and drink and most importantly TOOLS. The assortment will fill a milk crate plus a socket set, jumper pack, a portable jack and tire plug kit. I also found at a thrift store a former firemans red strobe light. If I get stuck on the side of the road, maybe I can fix it but no way do I want to get hit. If I had room, my Mom's former three piece ribbed luggage set from 1949 era is what I would take along.
That gives me an idea. I will be storing all my cleaning supplies and tools in the suitcases.

Back