Trying to determine what my recently purchased '59 Coronet color is

paulie-62

Reaction score
So I recently purchased this '59 Dodge as posted earlier. In my excitement while going over the car with the gent who sold it to me, I neglected to take photos of the VIN Plate as well as the entire dash and seats. (DUH !) The car is in Kansas and I'm here in Suffolk County New York.
I've been looking at the pictures of the car alongside 1959 Dodge Coronet paint chip samples. Since I have the fuel door in my possession, the back of it that has hardly been faded by the sunlight looks to be most likely 'Rose Quartz' or a less likely but possible option, 'Biscuit'.
Since the body and roof is most definitely a lighter color, it can only be either 'Canary Island' (yellow) which I highly doubt or 'Pearl', which is a pearl white I believe.

I'm going to keep the original color choices made in '59 by the original owner. I'll first try to bring out the paint on her. If I do that I won't be looking for miracles but the original paint would be nice nonetheless.

Anyone out there think my guesses are correct ?

img_6095-jpg.457454

1959-dodge-coronet-lancer-2-dr-hdtp.jpg

This thread has gone off the rails, hasn't it ? Sigh :(
It might help to provide more than one photo. Have you posted your question in the forward look section?

My Brother had that very same model and color in 1964. Very common color on a dodge that year, I will call him and ask what it was called. another one like it went off a cliff in a Perry mason episode, the driver was the shot gun guy in Bullit in the back seat. Lol

My Brother looked it up, and said the the base is Sahara Beige, and the two tone is called Fawn.take it to the bank, he has a memory like a steel trap!My Uncle bought it new, and my Brother piled on a bunch more miles when I was in grade school. 1962-1966

It might help to provide more than one photo. Have you posted your question in the forward look section?
I actually did post it there yesterday morning continuing from my earlier post of purchasing this car, but throughout the day it received no responses so I moved it here.
Now I'm thinking I should have started a new post there instead.

Last edited:
My Brother looked it up, and said the the base is Sahara Beige, and the two tone is called Fawn.take it to the bank, he has a memory like a steel trap!My Uncle bought it new, and my Brother piled on a bunch more miles when I was in grade school. 1962-1966
Thank you for asking your Brother for me. I just poured over Dodge, Plymouth, Desoto and Chrysler paint charts from 1959 and those two colors don't show up anywhere. I know all car makers call the same color by a different name but Sahara Beige and Fawn are never mentioned.

I believe that the two colors are so faded on the car that most people think those are the actual colors.

IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6095 (1).jpg

Whatever you decide to call the color, nice car, looks solid. Look forward to more pictures. Do you have that side molding?

I believe that the two colors are so faded on the car that most people think those are the actual colors.
Thank you for the extra pics. Photos in natural light would be good. Asking the seller to take a photo of the tags would be good too?

ps: i am aware that I’m not answering your question, but I am trying to increase the likelihood That you get the answer.

Whatever you decide to call the color, nice car, looks solid. Look forward to more pictures. Do you have that side molding?
Thanks for the compliments. It is a very solid car. Frame and all floor sections have only surface rust, nothing going through. The seller having it on a lift makes that easy.
I have that side chrome and nearly all else. I've since brought back home to Long Island all of the chrome trim pieces and put them in a 3" x 10' pvc tube with caps. Safe-n-sound.
Only exterior piece missing is passenger side trim from the front door edge going to wheel-well edge. He bought one a while back but it was for a standard Coronet and is straight. Mine is for a Lancer coupe and goes up the wheel well edge.

Lotsa choices in 1959 !

Last edited:
Thank you for the extra pics. Photos in natural light would be good. Asking the seller to take a photo of the tags would be good too?

ps: i am aware that I’m not answering your question, but I am trying to increase the likelihood That you get the answer.
Believe me, any and all answers and opinions are well appreciated.

I will contact the seller for a vin photo at some point, but at the moment he's trying to get the dual exhaust from the Y-Pipe back installed and just finished replacing with a NEW passenger side axle, bearing set and seal.( he put these two items on the Sales Contract without me asking ! He wanted it done before it was sold) Had to get the end of the old axle welded from a buddy of his and muscle it out. So, Idon't want to push too much with additional photos at the moment. He really is a Stand-Up guy and has values and honesty.

IMG_6104.jpg

I know. I got Damned Lucky finding this Seller !

How about posting some pictures of the truck or someplace else that hasn't been hammered by the sun? You might find the colors a lot closer match. Just sayin, Good Luck

Back