TTI small block exhaust

Furyus67

Reaction score
I spoke to TTI today. They state they do no make headers for a small block C-body. Using the search feature I couldn't find anyone on here using TTI with a small block either. Any idea why their 318 headers for the other mopars won't work on ours?

Is there anyone out there using TTI's exhaust system on a small block C-body that isn't using the factory manifolds?

I'm thinking if I did use a Sanderson DD7 or some other shorty header, then I would need a custom pipe to go from the header to the TTI H-Pipe

Just order their Cbody with headers system and have an exhaust shop make you the head pipes to the manifolds.

B body headers might/should fit with some tweaking as big block ones can be made to fit.

Kevin

dON'T KNOW THAT SPECIFIC MODEL OF sANDERSON, BUT IF IT'S A CENTER-DUMP WILL PROBABLY HIT HTE ps GEARBOX.
(oops)
92-93 Magnum manifolds would be an excellent choice, reportedly they flow really well. The 94-later versions are 1/8-1/4" smaller at the outlet but otherwise the same.
I've seen a few slab-Cs with Magnums installed, so apparently they fit the chassis, and they'll fit an LA smallblock as well.
The upswept Ram/Dakota headers might fit also.

I have TTI headers on my Poly. Bought them in about 2013 or so. A word of caution if you have manual steering, the steering box sits higher than the PS box so the left header wouldn't quite line up without hitting. TTI sent me a B body header for that side and that cleared the box and worked fine.

As received from TTI
IMG_20130428_203158.jpg

Wouldn't line up.
header3_LI.jpg

Hit the steering box. Manual only supposedly the PS box sits lower.
header4.jpg

They sent me this one.
header_TTI-318BC-LS.jpg

And all is well.
DSC00432.JPG

Hello everyone, the sanderson DD-7 fits great and does not hit anything. You will also be able to weld pipes to the collectors ends with enough space left over so you dont cook starter or hit any torsion bars. Only Con is losing some H.P not having long tube headers, PRO- no dents from beating them to fit. Sweet fit great sound I love them.
I bought the plain steel. Sanded and painted them with Eastwood Ceramic coat silver good for 3000. Degrees couple years old paint job still looks great.
Used about 4 cans many thin painted layers built up eastwood products have been great for me.
Free endorsements.lol

One additional side note about the sanderson headers they tell you you dont need a gasket...lol
I used remflex gaskets for no leaks.

Hello everyone, the sanderson DD-7 fits great and does not hit anything. You will also be able to weld pipes to the collectors ends with enough space left over so you dont cook starter or hit any torsion bars. Only Con is losing some H.P not having long tube headers, PRO- no dents from beating them to fit. Sweet fit great sound I love them.
I bought the plain steel. Sanded and painted them with Eastwood Ceramic coat silver good for 3000. Degrees couple years old paint job still looks great.
Used about 4 cans many thin painted layers built up eastwood products have been great for me.
Free endorsements.lol
You didn't have to run the angled oil filter either? Standard Oil filter works?

Used a short filter about 4 in long. I forget thr number bit it is made by Wix
Thank you. I think I'm going to go with the DD7 headers, TTI H-pipe and tail pipes, and then have pipes made to go from the headers to the TTI H pipe. I'll try the the WIX 51085.

@BigBen what did you do with the dipstick tube. I did a quick mock up hold and it appears the dipstick won’t allow me to lift the back of the manifold up enough to install

76B7692E-CC79-497E-8C42-7317C9D125AE.jpeg

20201018_172730.jpg
20201018_172653.jpg
20201018_172630.jpg
20201018_172644.jpg

Please no harassment over dirty engine
Windshield heat cracked havent driven it for months.
I hope the pictures help

If i remember corre3 my friend used a tubing bender down near the block end of tube to get litte angle just cleared the header. I posted a picture
Hope this is helpful

BigBen

@BigBen Last question about your exhaust hopefully. I moved the transmission dipstick and installed the starter. I held the headers up to see if everything would fit...all is good. My question is, did the exhaust shop you use run your midpipes inside the torsion bars or outside the torsion bars. Looking at my pictures from removing the engine, I see the pipes came off the manifolds inside the torsion bar, then moved to the outside. Just wondering how the exhaust shop did yours.
3545C355-64BD-4BB3-A4BB-FE10189CD33F.jpeg
93DB349A-A09C-41E1-9AF2-1A4396BF35FB.jpeg

The shop I used angled the pipes in towards the drive shaft and went along the drive shaft connected H pipe and then angled them back over to area under the back seats for the mufflers and then back towards the drive shaft and then turn Downs in front of the rear wheels

Back