Tuck/roll button material?

mopar440

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get ahold of these center pieces? At least something close?

I know I could have it recovered at a shop, but hoping to figure out something else. No covers available for the second row that I can find

65 new Yorker wagon 9 pass

Thanks!

IMG_20200411_153535694.jpg

it's probably one piece with foam sewn to the back to create the pattern. there is a thread (no pun intended) on the forum somewhere, where a person created their own upholstery. not sure where though.

Check out @HWYCRZR 's threads, he recreated factory style upholstery.

He did? I missed that one. Given the lengths he went through (pun intended), to recreate original style, unavailable, wire reinforced burlap which is never even seen, I can only imagine the amazing job he did with the upholstery!

Last edited:
This was my first button tufting job on this antique fainting couch. 200 odd buttons. Also a lesson in spring tying. Some day when the dogs are gone I will have to re do it. They will lay on it to nap and look out the window. Get the stitch pattern first which in the seat covers case gets your layout. I actually found a book on button tufting on E-bay. Was written in the 40’s or 50’s I cannot find it now.

image.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember that thread, never saw it through. I just skipped to the end, amazing job! I'm going to go through the whole thing again, given how well explained and documented it is. Thank you for taking the extra time to document and share HWYCRZR!

Back