Tumblers for small parts, anyone tried these?

moonrunner1972

Reaction score
Has anyone used a small tumbler to clean small parts? I noticed both Summit Racing and the Eastwood Company sell them for roughly the same price. While you can find similar products on Midway USA and Amazon, I wanted to know if anyone has used a specific brand and found one to be the best performer for the price.

I had a tumbler but sold it,it was quicker for me to use the grit blaster especially on small parts.

This is my tumbler. Works great. I use walnut shells for the more delicate parts and the stainless shot for cleaning hardware and small stainless trim.
It takes a day in the tumbler to really work well, so plan ahead.

DSC01118 (Large).jpg

DSC01119 (Large).jpg

DSC01120 (Large).jpg

I have the Eastwood unit and its paid for itself a couple of times over, love it!

I bought a Harbor Freight tumbler and have had mixed results. I think I needed to try some different media.

I did some large rusty bolts and it took a couple days. The good news was I didn't do much work other than dumping the bolts in.

The Eastwood unit comes with these kool green pyramids as media and those with some simple green and CLR will strip anything in a matter of hours while you stay busy doing other things or while you sleep.

i have the large harbor freight unit. works well, but loud. i agree that the green pyramids do a great job

Back